Work bench, Cabinet ideas and photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of turning my 2 car garage into a small shop. I need to see pictures of what you guys have done in your garages as far as workshop layout and work bench styles. The more pictures the better!

Thanks,

Scott

go look at craigslist.org free section. There are people remodeling their old kitchens and you can get cabinets free. Look for solid wood paneled doors. I recently remodeled my sister's kitchen and used her old cabinets in a basement workshop. I put two base cabinet back to back and created a long large assembly table. I think a large assembly table is important because half the table is occupied by tools and parts. Don't you hate it when a drill falls to the floor to break the bit. Don't build long counter space unless you need to park the car.

It's a two car garage, there will only be one car parked inside, (a 1932 Ford under construction). I am mainly using the garage to build motorcycles. I will need space for a lift, a work bench, drill press, band saw, welder (mig on a cart) grinder (has it's own stand), polisher etc... I really would like to see photos of others' garages for inspiration.

Scott,
I finally took some pics of my "almost" complete shop in my 2 car garage. I will post them up when I get back to my office. The space works well for my needs. I have two cruisers in the space most of the time. Not a lot of extra space but enough for me to work in.

Look back in a day or so for pics. Hope it helps.

Goebs

I'll try to post pics. Don't know if they will work.....
straight on shop no cruisers.jpg
left no cruisers.jpg
shop right with 40.jpg

a couple more...
shop left with 55.jpg
shop 40 front.jpg
shop 55 front.jpg

Give it some time... Just finished it. I am OCD when it comes to my work space though. Not to mention my junk is at the stage where I don't make all that much of a mess. I use the driveway for the nasty crap.
Hoping to tear into one of the 40's soon so it will trash the place. But I know a good builder that will remodel my shop when I am done.....

The 40 is missing it's step father, the 45lv... But then again it has room to breath so space won over family!

I am hoping the 40 gets real lonely this week. I plan to borrow a bud's tailer to drop the 55 at your place if my weeks goes as planned. I'll ring as soon as I come up with a plan. If this week sucks for you, let me know on the cell and I'll bump it a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom