Windshield Wiper Insanity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess I’m dummer than a windshield wiper. I’ve searched high and low but short of breaking adapter I have no idea how to remove this adapter from J hook nor do I know brand of wiper. I can easily remove blade from adapter but not the adapter from j hook. Attached are some photos. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

IMG_9871.jpeg

IMG_9872.jpeg

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_9876.jpeg

IMG_9874.jpeg

Your fourth picture is a bit too dark to tell for sure, but usually there is a tab there to pull back and it’ll slip off.

The other common method is to have tabs that catch the outside of the curved section of the arm, and when the wiper is in-line as it sits on the windshield, those tabs cannot move outward. Rotate the wiper 90 degrees and they are uncovered and can bend outward to clear the curve. I don’t see that on this model though.

What are you replacing with? The ones sold at dealers are not genuine Toyota products.. the original wipers for a 200 are super high quality and you can keep them fresh with new rubber inserts for like $10 each.

Your fourth picture is a bit too dark to tell for sure, but usually there is a tab there to pull back and it’ll slip off.

The other common method is to have tabs that catch the outside of the curved section of the arm, and when the wiper is in-line as it sits on the windshield, those tabs cannot move outward. Rotate the wiper 90 degrees and they are uncovered and can bend outward to clear the curve. I don’t see that on this model though.

What are you replacing with? The ones sold at dealers are not genuine Toyota products.. the original wipers for a 200 are super high quality and you can keep them fresh with new rubber inserts for like $10 each.
Ok thanks for ideas I’ll get to work. The dealer has always changed blades so I’m not sure if these are original blades. I got replacements from Toyota sight lines. He did offer just the rubber replacement but I thought I try the sight lines.

Ok thanks for ideas I’ll get to work. The dealer has always changed blades so I’m not sure if these are original blades. I got replacements from Toyota sight lines. He did offer just the rubber replacement but I thought I try the sight lines.
Those aren't as good as the real ones but will get you by for a while.

Side by side comparison here:

Did you get it off? On the last photo, you can see the little tabs sticking up just above the top of the j hook. At 90 degrees, those should be accessible to move to release the bottom of those tabs holding the inside of the j hook. Or so I think.

If you can, you should really think about keeping your OE blades. They're strong and with flutter in the wind. The best part is being able to cheaply replace the rubbers. Stay away from SightLine. They're a poor replacement. Here are the part numbers for my 2018 for the OE blades and rubbers:

REAR WIPER BLADE:
REAR RUBBER: 85214-42040
FRONT RIGHT BLADE: 85222-53071
FRONT RIGHT RUBBER: 85214-0T040
FRONT LEFT BLADE: 85222-42110
FRONT LEFT RUBBER: 85214-06140

I hope this helps!

Did you get it off? On the last photo, you can see the little tabs sticking up just above the top of the j hook. At 90 degrees, those should be accessible to move to release the bottom of those tabs holding the inside of the j hook. Or so I think.
Thank you, I’ll report back the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom