Builds Where it all began... an FJ62 story (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What sealer did you use for your rain gutters.
Sealing those rain gutters will fix that a pillar leak you were having.
Nice job, looks great!
We used this one: https://a.co/d/0wGTUmx

3 x total... 1 x medium hold and 2 x light hold. It's self-leveling too...

Sorry took me a minute to respond! Good luck!

Just a couple months to get it done 😭… tax season ended last night and this was unfinished business. Looks 🙌🏾 great… super stoked. @SkeeLo22 lent an extra set of hands to wrap it all up!! Gonna take it to a professional to “tune” the system but no rattles and I have the full way-back now with the sub on the side.

Still having an issue with my driver rear window… the up button makes it go down and the down button doesn’t do anything 🤷🏾‍♂️ replaced master with OEM new from some Middle East country but that didn’t fix it.

Also made sure all the connections in the door were correct and tight prior to closing her up. More troubleshooting another day. For now that rear switch getting some blue tape over it 🤣

IMG_1351.jpeg

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1349.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m really curious about the armrests (have them saved from another thread).
A) are they super rad or what?
B) how do they attach?

TIA
They hang… hook over the door sill, and there’s a magnet that holds them in place fore and aft so I thought since they’re for 70-series that they’d stay better when there isn’t a full door card and bare metal instead (like 70-series) but I have some adjusting to do, because they move a lot now…

Also may find a more permanent solution to holding them tight against the door…

As far as functionally though, 10/10… arm rest AND a cup holder.

I think there’s a knock-off that isn’t $350 like these were… seen it in the FB groups.

They hang… hook over the door sill, and there’s a magnet that holds them in place fore and aft so I thought since they’re for 70-series that they’d stay better when there isn’t a full door card and bare metal instead (like 70-series) but I have some adjusting to do, because they move a lot now…

Also may find a more permanent solution to holding them tight against the door…

As far as functionally though, 10/10… arm rest AND a cup holder.

I think there’s a knock-off that isn’t $350 like these were… seen it in the FB groups.
If you think about it and it’s convenient, would you mind showing the backside of it? I’d appreciate it.

These are what I had saved:

My hood… one of the last little things that bugs the &$/@?#% outta me… I have the little hood rubber grommets as high as they’ll go while still allowing for the hood latch to catch.

I’ve confirmed that I have the bumpers on the sides…

What am I missing? When it’s windy at all or I’m driving 65+ on the highway my hood, on the sides is jumping all over the place. The video is just one side and not too bad of an example but when one sides moving, the other is too, and while I don’t think the hoods gonna fly up (bc it’s definitely latched fully), it’s super distracting/annoying.

Video of the hood jumping

IMG_1624.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

Well, it really looks like the front bumpers aren’t adjusted as high as they could be.

When you have the hood closed can you wiggle it up and down?

I kept at it until the wiggle was gone, my hood doesn’t do that at all. Granted, I have to slam it closed.

Well, it really looks like the front bumpers aren’t adjusted as high as they could be.

When you have the hood closed can you wiggle it up and down?

I kept at it until the wiggle was gone, my hood doesn’t do that at all. Granted, I have to slam it closed.
I will continue to adjust them up a little at a time... I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something like an anti-wiggle pillow cushion or something :rofl:

The biggest thing is adjusting the height of both the latch and the front corner bumpers in tandem. You want it to latch so the edges of the hood align with the top edge of the fender panels, but also be tight against the bumpers. It won't make as big of a difference but, you could also replace the bumpers along the sides of the engine bay. The two I see in your photo are broken. They're available new from Toyota and fairly inexpensive.

@jesus888 A picture is worth a thousand words (although you can't read). Anyway, as if you're not a tool enough, grab a few more of yourself and adjust your bumpers sucka...

View attachment 3623006

View attachment 3623007

View attachment 3623008
Remember... I think we adjusted the latch in the center too low... so the bumpers can't go any higher. I think I gotta make the latch in the middle higher and then adjust those bumpers up I guess... like you said, I'm a fcukin moron :cool: BUT I know it's gotta get fixed!!!!

The biggest thing is adjusting the height of both the latch and the front corner bumpers in tandem. You want it to latch so the edges of the hood align with the top edge of the fender panels, but also be tight against the bumpers. It won't make as big of a difference but, you could also replace the bumpers along the sides of the engine bay. The two I see in your photo are broken. They're available new from Toyota and fairly inexpensive.
Just ordered up a full set on ebay... cheaper than the dealer on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom