Where i am starting... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crawling around the 60 the other night and found a couple more things out of place you might say...

In the pic of my broken rear shock bar i noticed that my rear driveshaft didn't look just right... after futher inspection i figured out what was going on....

I never did get a new trans mount, i just welded some plate on it to make it a solid mount and it broke... i guess my welds were not that great and that great big thud i heard when i was in the lower rock garden probably helped too :D.... Trans cross member got banged up pretty good too, but no sign of anything else so far.... Looking back, i'm happy the trans mount broke and not the bellhousing or something worse...

I did get the drag link end swapped out though... :banana:

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

Had a great time at a CORE members farm this weekend... Super great people and just a beautiful place to hang out and it was only 45 minutes from my house...

There is about 2 miles of trails right now and the owner says there is the potential for about 10 miles total once everything gets cleared... There is also a nice shelter, 2 of the nicest out houses i have ever used, and a nice clear area within walking distance of the shelter for parking and camping...

002.jpg

003.jpg

013.jpg

Hey that looks like wheeling. We don't do that here. Yer gonna hafta go post yer wheeling stuff somewhere's else. :flipoff2::p;p

Nice work...one of these days I'm gonna hafta go wheeling again. :rolleyes:

:cheers:
Nick

Hey that looks like wheeling. We don't do that here. Yer gonna hafta go post yer wheeling stuff somewhere's else. :flipoff2::p;p

Nice work...one of these days I'm gonna hafta go wheeling again. :rolleyes:

Nick

Yea it seems nobody wants to wheel anymore... I have to wheel with heeps and Sami's all the time... :D

Hey if nothing else, anybody is welcome to come out to the benefit CORE puts on for "One Way Farm" on August 11... 4x4s For a Cause - Sat 8/13/11 - C.O.R.E. FORUM... That's the link to last years benefit thread and there is a write up about it the one for this year on CORE's main page... It is a good time and for a great cause... We raised about $2600 last year...

I'll make a thread about it in a week or 2 and maybe some of you can make it out to this event... It will be perfect, no actual wheeling involved :D:rolleyes:... Unless you want to climb around on the couple of junk cars we usually have :hillbilly:....

Looks like a great time at the farm Chris. That 60 looks like it owns that trail. Not sure I would have wanted to stuff my 80 in it though:hmm:. maybe another few mild wheeling trips and a few smaller dents then I will commit to the HAIRY stuff.

I should see you at the next meeting.

gothodgie said:
Yea it seems nobody wants to wheel anymore... I have to wheel with heeps and Sami's all the time... :D

I tried. Still haven't heard back from you about this weekend.........

Sent from my Nexus S using IH8MUD

I tried. Still haven't heard back from you about this weekend.........

Sent from my Nexus S using IH8MUD

yea i know tony :D... my bad, i have to work all weekend :frown:...

I might be going back to Rich's farm(the latest pics) on the 12th, but it's going to pretty much be all nice heeps from Muddy Buddys... If it's smokin hot still i will probably not go...

Got a little done to the 60 the last couple of days... I'm happy with the way it is turning out, it just was a little more involved than i expected... Now to splice in the piece in the middle and then the body work... :doh:

003.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

thanks Johnny,
it got a little smaller than i was originally planned on after a late night with a wiz wheel and a couple to many drinks :doh:... lol

Jim, glad to see you still know how to type :p...
There are no immediate plans to bob it, i do like having the room... plus there is something on my bucket list that i plan on doing in the next 2 to 4 years that i will need the room for... :steer:

Marty,
yea some one showed me that thread on pirate last week... I never get on pirate so i had not seen it... The bed is pretty cool, but i don't really care for the truck...

Now I see why I haven't heard back from you:hmm:

Looking good Chris. If you need a extra hand just let me know.

Now I see why I haven't heard back from you:hmm:

Looking good Chris. If you need a extra hand just let me know.

Whenever you are ready Matt... you still working 4 10s ?

Yeah, 4-10's M-Th. I sent you a couple of text. Didn't hear back.

I kinda figured that Matt... My phone has not been letting me send or receive any text since like saturday... If i don't hear from ya i will give you a call on friday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom