Wheeling Dates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the interest of advanced planning, I've talked with a few other members and here are the upcoming dates:

October 2-5 is the TAC event at Flat Nasty - several St. Louis folks are planning on going and some are planning to spend at least one night there (camping out, hotel, or whatever).

August 30 looks like a good day for a 'preview' wheeling trip prior to FN with TAC. Maybe a closer location to make sure our rigs are ready to go. The consensus seems to be Washita which is much closer so less time wasted on the drive and closer to home if you overdo it and need to be towed back :D.

So there you have it - post up if you plan to make either of these dates and we can plan caravan details as we get closer. Also, post up if you plan to camp or otherwise stay over at the TAC FN event.

Cheers!:D

I will be at the TAC event for sure. Probably for 3 days/2 nights. There is also an event at Superlift park in Hot Springs Arkansas that will be well attended by yotas. It is the AR chapter of TTORA/Friends of Marlin roundup Sept 19th-21st. Its about a 7 hour drive so Plan on it being a weekend trip if you go.

I'm up for wa sh ita on the 30th. I take it Dan's coming?

Did anyone call about a cabin yet for TAC. I'm comtemplating renting a rv from Byerly for the weekend. If I come alone, I'm much more flexible. A shower would be nice. I dont' mind leaving flat nasty and driving a little bit.

If any significant others want to carpool back and forth, I believe that will probably be Katya's plan.

I'm up for wa sh ita on the 30th. I take it Dan's coming?

Did anyone call about a cabin yet for TAC. I'm comtemplating renting a rv from Byerly for the weekend. If I come alone, I'm much more flexible. A shower would be nice. I dont' mind leaving flat nasty and driving a little bit.

If any significant others want to carpool back and forth, I believe that will probably be Katya's plan.

I emailed them a month ago and never got a response. You can look into that Mobile home place a couple of miles from the park. Their actually pretty clean inside and I think their only $20.00 per head per night. They have 2 or 3 bedrooms I think.

I emailed them a month ago and never got a response. You can look into that Mobile home place a couple of miles from the park. Their actually pretty clean inside and I think their only $20.00 per head per night. They have 2 or 3 bedrooms I think.
Bartons is what its called.....

I can't say for shure about the TAC event but I will make plans for it.

Washita run Aug.30 for sure barring any incidents at the Hoosier Hoedown on Aug. 15-16-17 at The Badlands in Attica In. If anyone is interested in the run to the Badlands let me know.

Superlift Park is unfortunately out of the question for this year.

Here is a link to the Chicago Toyota Jamboree we attended this past weekend. Had a fantastic time. https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-eve...toyota-jamboree-@-cliffs-july-25-26-27-a.html

Looks like a lot of Mud. :hmm: Any rocks there?

Looks like a lot of Mud. :hmm: Any rocks there?

Nothing like Flat Nasty as far as rocks but alot of excellent tight woods trails. Body damage is expected on the black trails. I expect you wouldn't care for it a whole lot.

Nothing like Flat Nasty as far as rocks but alot of excellent tight woods trails. Body damage is expected on the black trails. I expect you wouldn't care for it a whole lot.

Kind of reminds me of the old Rockport Off Road Park in Pittsfield, IL

Kind of reminds me of the old Rockport Off Road Park in Pittsfield, IL

Unfortunately I probably won't ever have the chance now that it's closed.

On the other hand there is some good news, a place called Interlake has approved ohv in their park and will be open year round starting Aug. 23rd. This place is exit 35 on I64 just across the Indiana border. Beutiful place that allows hunting, fishing and Atv's as well. It is run by the Department of Natural Resources and all vehicles must be registered.

DNR - Division of Outdoor Recreation: Interlake Property

Guys,

Can't make it the 30th now. Labor Day weekend with the family at Rend Lake. How about Sunday the 24th?

Steve

Sat the 6th would be great...wife will be in Vegas.

I don't see any where to make changes to my view settings. I haven't ever noticed this issue on other parts of the MUD forum.

I've got a couple messages that the Aug. 30 weekend is not good b/c it is Labor Day weekend. I'm open to just about any weekend once I return in August and just about any weekend in September (I'm leaving for an Octoberfest trip to Germany sometime late September / early October, but I'm otherwise good).

I really can't ever make a Sunday trip without a lot of grief from the family. I'm usually working all day Saturday, so I can sneak in a trip without much hassle ("I didn't say I was wheeling instead of working today? I could have sworn I told you.") Often easier to ask forgiveness than permission ;)

Anyway, if there is another common date that works for the majority of people (or dates that simply don't work), post up!

I don't see any where to make changes to my view settings. I haven't ever noticed this issue on other parts of the MUD forum.

It should be just below the list of threads on the main Gateway Cruisers Forum page on the left side. It say's "Display Options".

It should be just below the list of threads on the main Gateway Cruisers Forum page on the left side. It say's "Display Options".
Found it. Does each chapter forum set their own defaults?

Don't know really. Moj is our moderator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom