What's wrong with bondo? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try the POR-15 floor pan repair kit. I don't have any experience with it, but it looks like a relatively cheap fix until it the floor can be repaired correctly. Keep the rust from spreading.

Try the POR-15 floor pan repair kit. I don't have any experience with it, but it looks like a relatively cheap fix until it the floor can be repaired correctly. Keep the rust from spreading.

I second that.

I would consider using fiberglass cloth dipped in POR and placed over the repair area.

Thats the cheapest repair I would do....

Bondo (the filler) is bad. It is porus and sucks water in next to the good metal and causes it to rust. Bondo (the fiberglass) is great for certain applications. Like hiding that license plate you just pop riveted onto your floor pan.

Bondo (the filler) isn't bad if used for the right reasons. The only way it'll absorbe water is if the body prep isn't done right and if there is no paint and primer on it.

BONDO
Smoothing out body imperfections ---> Good
Being lazy and covering rust or holes---> Bad

dude, bondo smells good!

A cautionary note if I may;

LOL do not mix using bondo with drinking alcohol..... fawks you up pretty quick.

The other night I was using some bondo(premium) and drinking the Vino Tinto pretty heavy and it really got me sick. Neither combo on their own has done it to me before.

So i'm thinking my system just got too loaded up with toxics..

The absolute cheapest repair would be a piece of sheet metal riveted or glued (there's a new metal glue, don't recall the brand), and then paint it (both sides!). But, you might wnat to consider not using anything. Just cut out the floorboard and go Fred Flintstone style!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom