What size spring spacer do I need? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im not sure what size spring spacer I need for the front of my truck.

It's a 97 FZJ with OME medium springs all around, only additional front weight is a non-winch ARB Bull Bar.

Currently the rear frame rail is 2.75 inches higher off the ground than the front. The wheel well difference is closer to 2.25 inches from fender lip to axle center.

Splitting the difference is about 63mm. Will a 30mm spacer be enough and still allow for enough rear sag that when loaded Im not rear low? Or should I do a 25mm spacer?

If it's not, your rear springs aren't a high enough rate (stiff enough).

Depends on what look you are trying to get. If you want a level stance unloaded I'd get metaltech 2" front spacers, if you wanted a level stance when its loaded with gear then just get a pair of Man-A-Fre 30mm front spacers.

Depends on what look you are trying to get. If you want a level stance unloaded I'd get metaltech 2" front spacers, if you wanted a level stance when its loaded with gear then just get a pair of Man-A-Fre 30mm front spacers.

X2...Mine with OME mediums all around + MAF 30mm spacers up front is slightly lower in the front when empty. Sits level when loaded.

BrianE said:
X2...Mine with OME mediums all around + MAF 30mm spacers up front is slightly lower in the front when empty. Sits level when loaded.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the 30mm spacers.

Park on level ground measure from ground to the bottom of your fender flare in the center of it like inline with your axel shaft, do this on the back first. then measure same spot on front fender flare. Subract difference and thats how much you need to be level.

My wife's 80 has mediums all around w/ Metal tech 1.5" spacers and an arb w/ a winch and it sits level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom