What my mechanic did (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My mechanic passed away suddenly, mid build on my 2F.
Trying to figure out what he did and didnt't do.
All I have are some photos....looks like a crankshaft at the top of this pic, but whether he ground/resurfaced it I have no idea. I hope - HOPE- he replaced the main bearings. There's a knock which I think is the cam, located just above the crank but below the pistons ('78 2F had pushrods, OHV engine), and since I haven't seen it anywhere in the shop I assume he put the original back in. Suspicious, because the original fuel pump isn't working, I put in an electric one just so I can run it.
Dunno ...
How does that crank look to everybody..?
Look, I know you're all going to laugh -- but this is Bogota, Colombia, man..!!! It is what it is...

178232899_905559656946819_3564922348971952504_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do us all a favor and only post one thread for the truck, since it seems like you're new to the forum, easier to track.

Good luck and enjoy the process
Can't delete.... I reported the post to admin and asked them to remove both my posts but haven't replied. Dunno, man - I'm out of ideas. Guess we'll just have to suffer through it fr now. Yeah, I'm enjoying the process, more fun than a barrel 'o monkeys!!

Most importantly: have that steering box CUT OFF and SCRAPPED.

I have been seeing more and more of those GM steering box conversions coming up from down there and none of them have been executed in a safe manner. They have ALL had brackets poorly welded directly to the steering box case and had the Toyota and GM pitman arms poorly welded together.

And, very poor clearance between the steering hoses/lines and hot exhausted manifold.

I have been seeing more and more of those GM steering box conversions coming up from down there and none of them have been executed in a safe manner. They have ALL had brackets poorly welded directly to the steering box case and had the Toyota and GM pitman arms poorly welded together.
Done!
Original hydraulic steering is had to find so I pulled one out of a macho and threw that in.
It'll have to do until I find one for my FJ43.

And, very poor clearance between the steering hoses/lines and hot exhausted manifold.

Last edited:
Can't delete.... I reported the post to admin and asked them to remove both my posts but haven't replied. Dunno, man - I'm out of ideas. Guess we'll just have to suffer through it fr now. Yeah, I'm enjoying the process, more fun than a barrel 'o monkeys!!
Just use this thread for your project. Plug all the photos in here and let the other die. No need to delete anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom