What is an alternative to the exhaust piping out the back ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, yeah I'm bored as I cannot work on my truck, man I wish I could garage it and take it too pieces. Thats ultimately what I'd like to do, strip it to a carcass, sandblast/re-spray every component and rebuild. There is just something real s***ty about passing your project off and paying someone else to do it.

....anyhow, I'll get to my point, I am hopped up on paiin killers from a back adjustment at this time of night and I like to read this forum when the kids are in bed and there is peace :)

Sooo...my question, has anyone piped the exhausts somewhere unusual, like out the side/through the body and out the wing?

I think it would be pretty frigin sweet to have them run up a pillar either side in the back tailgate area and out the roof!!

I'm pretty sure stuff could be insulated for fire safely with the dense fiberglass they make today? Is out the roof a ridiculous idea? I think my sons matchbox trucks are all I see and got me thinking!;p

Last edited:
How many pain killers did you take?:flipoff2:

lmao !! I was just thinking the same when I read it back! Put it this way my brain wants to go and party but my body won't move. I'm wide awake at 2am and good to go :)

I think he's talking about routing the exhaust pipes through the body, which is also a very bad idea...unless you really have a thing for carbon monoxide...:eek:

While not along the same lines there have been a couple people to do the side exit in front of rear tires, as well as mad baggins perhaps that cut a hole in his 4x4 labs bumper and exited it there.

Closest thing along your (narcotic induced :D ) train of thought would be the intake discussion for the remote mounted exhaust turbo (Sks I believe) where folks mentioned a snorkel of sorts routed as you describe. Big difference being cold air vs hot obviously.

yeah, it might look a bit weird actually thinking about it this morning lmao nothing beats the internet to think out loud and wish you could take back comments.

I had a great idea and everything to combat monoxide, I was going to double wall the exhaust and have the external wall welded to the floor and roof inside kinda like a b-vent insulation then fab a box to fit it in and insulate the s*** out of it.

This morning I'm thinking a bit differently, I moreso just want to route the exhausts through the bumper or something to keep them out the way, I dont like how low they sit.

If there is one thing I like doing its making custom exhausts!

just straight pipe it right out the hood

I think in his pain-killer-addled brain, he was really thinking of something like these cars have.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQptfdSCdhs

Custom Exh.jpg

4x4 bylaw, section 42, article 7

Any truck with exhaust pipes terminating above the roofline must be powered by a diesel motor.

4x4 bylaw, section 42, article 7

Any truck with exhaust pipes terminating above the roofline must be powered by a diesel motor.

Well you could still run it up the side then, just make sure the outlet is below the roof line.

Then your truck will look bad ass like a hummer with the deep fording kit.

WTF - What's with all the pancake turners on the front?

Now I know why they lost the war!

That is funny as hell that you say that!!! Those huge exhausts are called "victory pipes"

omg those ricey things are awful, man my son could make a better exhaust with play dough and mc donalds straws!!

Yeah the aim really was for off roading but I wanted the silencers still intact, and the exhaust out of the way from getting ripped off by tree branches, and I was hoping high up with the snorkel. Yeah that there inside the rear cab through the roof is still on the drawing board. Einstein was crazy too, sure he didnt have T4 but there were plenty of opium!! :)

and heck at dub-sport in England they mounted two engines front and rear in several VW Golfs n Corrados up the road from us, so whats a little bit of exhaust pipe on the inside lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom