What do you plan to do with your rig this weekend. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well if all goes as planned the Runner will be about 14in shorter. Cut out back part of roll cage last night and removed all electrical wiring(I hope). Tonight I will break out a new saws all blade and start cutting sheet metal. Not sure what will happen after that depends on how well the surgery goes. Will post pictures soon if I don't screw up to bad. Oh what the hell I'll post'em either way.

Are you going to try and bob and reattach the back gate and lid? I know how much you love that rear window...

The answer to your question @tgreco is ...... Nope .

I'm going totally rogue on this surgery. I checked out many different Runner that have been shortin and they all do the same ole same ole. I have decided to do it different , hard to explain but I'll post pictures.

But for now this is what I got done tonight, sixteen inches of beat up sheet metal removed and 9 inches of frame along with rear bumper. I'm going to reuse the rear bumper once I get it cut off old frame. If I had been thinking I would have removed it before cutting the frame. I will pick up the new metal tomorrow and hope to wrap it up this weekend.

MARTYBOB 002.JPG
MARTYBOB 004.JPG
MARTYBOB 003.JPG
MARTYBOB 008.JPG

Rocky, looking good. If you saw my reply over on the Farm situation, I probably should have come over and cut it off for you using a dull butterknife. ;)

You going to just flatback it or throw a pickup tailgate on there?

Also, plans to shorten the top as well or just go without?

It's going to be tail gateless and topless. Just going to keep it simple I think.

Simple is good.

Mega truck series coming to AOP. Going be different types of events all day Saturday.

Then

Next weekend we are heading south to Hawk Pride Mountain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom