What do you plan to do with your rig this weekend. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought this might be something of interest. I'll give an example....

I am planning on performing a LSPV delete on my rig this weekend. I also plan to fix the dent in the front passenger fender that got damage at Mardi Krawl.

I'm gonna fully insure it and then burn it to the ground if it doesn't perform well this weekend. :deadhorse:

I hope to finish getting it ready for GSMTR. Not as much to do as in years past.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rattle can paint job today, the 2 hour version... No More "Mello Yello", just "Mello"...

Gonna clear coat it tomorrow. Rustoleum Camo Flat Khaki is a very similar color to the OEM dune beige... a bit darker...

Put the tires on and moved it so I could bring body into shop. Start body work tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Alright , looks like we are off to a good start here .

A lot of good stuff going on .

Wish I was doing something with mine this weekend. Dang work

Hoping to get to a distributor upgrade in the fj40 tomorrow. Going with a large cap dizzy from an '86. Going to do some other up grades hoping it will pass the emi$$ions test...

Just curious but if you had Antique Tags would it have to pass an emissions test?

Just curious but if you had Antique Tags would it have to pass an emissions test?
Negative. Antique tags don't have to have emissions, but they are kind of restrictive of when it can be driven. So depends on how much the local LEOs enforce the restrictions.

Since he uses it for work it would be kind of hard. Up side is that it should just get a snooper test.

I have them on mine just no emissions where I live. Luckily no body gives a s*** and I drive it often enough.

It failed Williamson co a few months ago...

Pass visual? Do you have a CAT on it? I have an old Ford with a 300 I6, I am not sure, but the PO did some janky S to the old carb and stuff (honestly based on reading, not sure how it even starts and runs) but I had to put a CAT on it to pass visual and it actually passed with room to spare. Just a thought. Of course the 3FE has rattling CATs and a non-working EGR and some how pulls it out, so I honestly can't tell you if the CATs helped or not.

I wish Metro and the contiguous counties would adopt the rolling 25 year exemption similar to ATL so I could stop having to worry about all that crap too.

Plans for Saturday include the following:

20141229_105739.jpg

20141231_080441.jpg

20150108_202630.jpg

And for Step #6
0408161706a_HDR.jpg

Paired with
0131161551_HDR.jpg

Dude, you are set.... Those shocks look super, are they for the 3rd gen?

Good luck, man!

Yeah, they are 2.0s for the 3rd gen rear. ICON released them in January of last year. I started spraying the top nuts on the rear shocks yesterday in hopes of making that task easier.

Do one more once over. Then load it with the camping and wet weather gear.

Then Monday evening load it on the trailer and wait for Tuesday to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom