What did you do with your truck this week? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you have satellite TV on board now? @Trollhole will be so proud!
Directv.JPG

Haha! Yeah I saw that when I posted it up and wondered if someone would comment on it lol!!

Tie rod ends were way past shot, but today finally got around to putting new ones in! If you have a rusted bolt or anything rusted, fluid film is by far the best corossian eating product I've ever used. Every thing came apart so easily. Thanks to Rob for coming over and helping me with the project, it's a lot easier with 2 people doing the "driveway alignment!"

IMG_4257.JPG
IMG_4256.JPG
IMG_4252.JPG
IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

Finished product! I had a video showing how bad the others were and also using the my Bosch 1/2" lithium ion impact drill. First time using a battery operated one, worked like a champ. But the files are too large to post up. Drives so much nicer now!

IMG_4258.JPG
IMG_4259.JPG

@CruisinTiger you may want to paint those tie rod ends, they will rust faster than you can imagine.

@Twinair did you have to aim your leds at all? I'm worried I'm blinding other drivers I aimed them a little down when I first put them in.
I did level them but its easy on an 80 because they have a built in level bubble. Its not often I get flashed by other drivers but when I do they get my high beams and I can see the back of the inside of their skull its so bright.

I installed a Kenwwood bluetooth amp in my glovebox and replaced my ash/change tray with a 3D printed mount for the bluetooth controller. So no headunit, and everything will be controlled by my phone.

2vQ6a.jpg

2vQ6e.jpg

Looks great. Where did you get the 3D printed mounting plate? Or did you make it?

Looks great. Where did you get the 3D printed mounting plate? Or did you make it?

I drew it and then had it made at work. I work at Roper Mountain Science Center and we have quite a few printers in house. Also a 3D scanner, so now that I know this works I may add a lip, etc. that looks more like the original tray.

I drew it and then had it made at work. I work at Roper Mountain Science Center and we have quite a few printers in house. Also a 3D scanner, so now that I know this works I may add a lip, etc. that looks more like the original tray.
That looks sweet.

We've installed quite a few of those Bluetooth amps in 40s at trollholes. They're usually in tuffy consoles, but I really like what you did. Stop by sometime if you can. I'd love to see it, and I bet Marshall would too.

We've installed quite a few of those Bluetooth amps in 40s at trollholes. They're usually in tuffy consoles, but I really like what you did. Stop by sometime if you can. I'd love to see it, and I bet Marshall would too.
For sure... Going to get the cans bolted on and I will stop by and let you check it out.

For sure... Going to get the cans bolted on and I will stop by and let you check it out.
That looks awesome Tommy! Look forward to seeing it as well....

Finally got mine dropped off with Marshall, brake lines and LSPV replacement and hopefully no more brake fluid catch can under the LC

IMG_20170705_132937.jpg
Getting the trailer Saturday at last!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom