What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the Radiator, Oil change, repalced o-ring for the distributor....and...now she wont start...turning over but no start...end of a frustrating two days...:popcorn::censor:

Rounded Water pump pulley nuts suck @ 0200hrs

New battery and starter contacts and plunger.

Repacked front wheel bearings, changed fluids in front, rear and transfer case, replaced starter contacts that were worn and occassionally giving me a click instead of a start, did the PHH while starter was out with a coolant flush. Repaired my DS shaky mirror , used one of those fake credit cards they send you in the mail with some plastic epoxy to repair the corner that had brokenoff. Followed LCphils post on pulling relay and jumper for powered windows/sunroof without ign. And then enjoyed a good beer and the overdue rain, been almost three months. overall a good weekend spent with the ole girl.

pumped grease into the spindles with the Slee tool to see if it cures a slight noise when coasting at highway speeds, reset bearing load, oil change, and put the sliders back on.

still waiting on the bumper to come back from the powder coater for the second time...

Worked, but afterwards I removed the stock stereo/cd player and built my pioneer deck/CB replacement, just gotta get the wiring figured out now. And install CB antenna and wire in 12v accessory plugs while the dash is apart.

Sent from my DROID X2 using IH8MUD

Went camping down by the river
sheepscamp2.JPG
campview.JPG

Cleaned her up and listed in the for sale section...sigh.

Started the tear-down in preparation for Monstaliner!

IMAG1208-picsay.jpg

Not mine, but took this pic of a 40 while visiting the North Shore, Oahu. Saw more than a few 40's, which is amazing because I think this Hawaii climate is more of a rust generator than the Northeast.

image-4251316642.jpg
image-4251316642.jpg

Not mine, but took this pic of a 40 while visiting the North Shore, Oahu. Saw more than a few 40's, which is amazing because I think this Hawaii climate is more of a rust generator than the Northeast.

Yes it is. We call it Hawaiian air! We just wash our rigs after every outing. What side are you on? Looks like Moks (Mokuleia). Rig looks like someone I know

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

half k cruiser,
I am doing a complete AC system overhaul. New compressor, condenser, Drier, expansion valve, clean Evap. Thought this would take care of everything. Nope, Found AC Drier beads stuck in expansion valve. Traced beads all the way back to the drier. Now I am trying to figure out how the hell to replace the liquid line across the firewall. I have the valve cover off as I am doing a valve cover gasket at the same time but damn.... How did you install your new liquid line? Can you bend it quite a bit while installing it without damaging it? Did you have to remove the brake booster? I have a 97' not sure what year yours is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Either way I am sure this job is going to be really fun....

Done, just need to get the system vacuum checked and filled.

Pulled the carrier out of the rear diff and replaced the outer pinion bearing, reset preload and reinstalled... about 5 times to get preload right. Then I laid in the gravel and rolled the big 9.5 e-locker diff on my chest and shoved it back in the rear axle housing. Then I drove my 80 for the first time in four weeks. My 4runner was crying headlight fluid.

Managed to get my 80 stuck for the first time and spent 3 hours getting her out, ordered a 12k winch, ordered HIDs, and installed the winch plate:

IMAG0794.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

just waiting on the winch to show up and getting stuck shouldnt be a big issue anymore. Also, started selling off old car parts around the garage to get the funds for some 2" Ironman lift springs.

Just made 6000 miles on my tires that my wife bought me this past Xmas, so I rotated them.

ForumRunner_20121015_131006.jpg

ForumRunner_20121015_131020.jpg

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD
ForumRunner_20121015_131006.jpg
ForumRunner_20121015_131020.jpg

Finally got my rims that I ordered about a month ago, Black Rock 997's in 16x7. Got the 255/85/16 BFG KM2's mounted and installed on the 80. Also finished installing my custom roof rack and axe/shovel bracket. Just a few of the first mods of many to come!
CIMG1007.jpg
CIMG1008.jpg
CIMG1009.jpg

I went to Shaver Lake with some friends camping and test fit my new Pop Top camper... I was also able to sleep on my new drawer system/sleeping platform...
image-2921448027.jpg
image-2077701209.jpg
image-432064642.jpg
image-10118852.jpg
image-16433517.jpg
image-431012406.jpg

Finally got my rims that I ordered about a month ago, Black Rock 997's in 16x7. Got the 255/85/16 BFG KM2's mounted and installed on the 80. Also finished installing my custom roof rack and axe/shovel bracket. Just a few of the first mods of many to come!

I really like that wheel/tire combo. If you dont mind me asking how much did it run you?

Managed to get my 80 stuck for the first time and spent 3 hours getting her out, ordered a 12k winch, ordered HIDs, and installed the winch plate:

just waiting on the winch to show up and getting stuck shouldnt be a big issue anymore. Also, started selling off old car parts around the garage to get the funds for some 2" Ironman lift springs.

I was just at Harbor Freight on Saturday and saw these winches at their parking lot sale for $299. If I had the spare cash I would have grabbed one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom