Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yanked off the leaf springs to install a linked coil spring set up...

0323151212_resized.jpg

OK, not really :confused::hillbilly: ...just having the pads that go between the leafs replaced in all leaf packs, new bushings in the eyes, and rearching the rears one inch higher while theyre out. The old aluminum pads were either missing or just worn out - got to be where the suspension was creaking and popping going over any bump due to the pads worn to the point of not sliding smoothly anymore. All the wheeling Ive done since Ive owned it might have something to do with it? :idea: Love these long Ford leaf spings - the ride is pretty good. Valley spring will be putting new Nylon/Teflon pads in which should quiet them up.

Yanked off the leaf springs to install a linked coil spring set up...

View attachment 1049865

OK, not really :confused::hillbilly: ...just having the pads that go between the leafs replaced in all leaf packs, new bushings in the eyes, and rearching the rears one inch higher while theyre out. The old aluminum pads were either missing or just worn out - got to be where the suspension was creaking and popping going over any bump due to the pads worn to the point of not sliding smoothly anymore. All the wheeling Ive done since Ive owned it might have something to do with it? :idea: Love these long Ford leaf spings - the ride is pretty good. Valley spring will be putting new Nylon/Teflon pads in which should quiet them up.
Must be nice to have your own service department :moon:

Interesting in your front springs if they are stock to use in my 79 when your finally decide to go coil. You know you want to.

Interesting in your front springs if they are stock to use in my 79 when your finally decide to go coil. You know you want to.

I would but not stock springs though...they are 56" inch long leaf springs off a full size Bronco on all four corners. Makes for a smooth and flexible ride but does better with adjustable 9000XL shocks to dial in stiffness for street driving. Turn down to "1" for off road flex.

Put mine up for sale

In the past I have used a similar setup on off road race vehicle and really like them. So when I saw they were available for our Toyota from Trail Gear I ordered some up.

View attachment 1050652

Takes about ~1hour to do both sides maybe a little more for the guys hubs. My bearing preload and grease was spot on and fresh enough that all I did was the upgrade.

Down to the old stuff

View attachment 1050653

New beefy nut (~10mm thick) installed with preload set View attachment 1050654

Locking ring installed. The ring has plenty of hole options to get and hold your preload exactly the way you want it. View attachment 1050655

A nice product and I will never need to buy a star washer or worry about loosing my preload or a nut loosening again.

Been meaning to post this. We installed this new 1fz for a mud member a week or so ago. Sooo shiny 8D

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427591816.779332.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1427591849.296015.jpg

Im running those also. Good to hear I have a couple years left ;)

DSC_0080.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG
Took a little trip to Utah for my son's spring break. Last minute decision to take the 100 instead of the 80...All I can say is that A-trac is no match for lockers...Doh..And my camp shovel got taken out of the camp crate somehow...and I didn't have a Hi-lift with me...And yes I know I was stupid...5 hours of digging later we were free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom