Well, looks like another pig will fly... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rockaway Beach, NY; but was 14yrs in Saskatoon, CA
So, decided that I can't find time to work on the 1976 pig I bought from Kraig Hamady 3 years ago.

Not a sad story though.

Pig was gathered up and sent to Justin at Redline Cruisers.

I bought an HDZ which will be turbocharged and connected back to its original 5 speed and water injected. Then they will be dropped into the pig.

Pig will get a frame off, then get painted black on black on grey. Lizard skin for heat and sound deadening, with Dynamat or equivalent in addition to firewall and floors and roof. 10% tint to all windows and de-chrome as I hate chrome on these trucks.

37" or 35" tall tires. And I like wide tires so power steering and A/C are in store, as well as a double din head unit with navigation and Bluetooth and backup camera.

Car will need to be 4 wheel disc because of the taller tires.

I've asked Justin to post as many pics as he can here.

I'll post a few pics when it gets interesting, but for now she is simply a solid white on blue standard pig with a 3" lift. Not much rust BUT all pigs have cancer, so I'm getting Justin to pop in 1 inch square tube rockers with standard rockers panels over them to hide them. Then use zinc rust inhibiting paint to slow the inevitable crawl to Iron Oxide.

After all this, I will send him my BJ-44 for a restomod with conversion to Turbo 3B.

So I'm looking forward to flying down the highway in a Diesel Pig. This ain't gonna happen overnight but this little piggy can hardly wait to run all the way home.

Best,

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom