V8 help on the shifters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Real time help for V8 conversion on the shifters. I have my fabricator that says we need to do a twin stick shifter on the transfer case. I have a feeling he is incorrect. I do not want a twin stick set up for the transfer case. I would like to use the stock Toyota shifter as much as possible. That way the cockpit of the cruiser looks like a sleeper of a cruiser. The set up I have is a 5.3 Vortec to a 1992-1995 NV 4500 transmition to the original stock Toyota transfercase. Can any one tell me what set up they have on the transfer case shifter set up??? Please include pictures and if possible part numbers.

In the picture below is the orignal set up of the NV4500 bolted up to the transfer case. Transfer case shifter that goes side to side hits the sideof the AA (Advanced Adapter) bracket. This not the problem that we are having right now but, the picture gives a better understanding of what is going on. Thanks Jason :bang:

image.jpg

Yeah, your fabricator is incorrect..
I would cut and bend the top of that OEM stick shift and or fabricate a linkage for the bottom.....

Shouldn't be too hard..

Yeah, your fabricator is incorrect..
I would cut and bend the top of that OEM stick shift and or fabricate a linkage for the bottom.....

Shouldn't be too hard..

Cool beans. How should the shifter be bent and secured ??? Any pictures?? I can hold off my fabricator for one day and they he want to jump on it. Thanks Jason

Use a stock set up for reference to keep the same angles and avoid binding...
I did this with my initial swap, but was using an AT. I now run a TS set up...but the stock look can be done..
Sorry, no pics other than what my swap thread has...

I have a dual shifter for the TC and it works well. The problem with the dual shifter is getting a reasonably good seal at the floorboard to control noise. Its a preference not a requirement, but in my case I 'm using the h55 so no real distance/angle changes involved.

your shifter will go in the stock hole if I remember right I had to cut out one little notch of the floor board but it wasn't very big the boot will still cover it! You shouldn't have to bend the shifter at all but you will have to cut the tranny shifter and bend it back so it will clear the dash but I would wait until you get it in the rig so you can bend it where you want it! you shouldn't need a fabricator to do any of this its all pretty basic!

Cool beans guys.....Thanks for response !!!!! The big question is about the transfer case shifter is how is the pivot point for where the shifter linkage mounts into the transmission case. The brought AA bracket for the shifter linkage has some slop. Have other guys modified the AA bracket or come up with there own ???? Thanks jason

yaaa yours isn't hooked up right!! you shouldn't even be close to the braket with the two bolts in it! it took me awhile to figure out how to get mine to work properly plus I was missing one little part! It looks to me like you need to take the l shaped bracket that hooks to the shifter off and put it on top of the shifter on the transfer case and also take that shifter off the transfer case and move it to the passenger side mine sits almost inline with the top bolt to right of you your shifter!! I took some pics they aren't the best cause its pretty tight maybe one will shed some light on it for you!

photo (1).JPG

ohhhh now that I look at your pics alittle closer the slope your talking about is the same peace I was missing it stumped me like crazy I ended up going to the hardware store and buying a brass bushing that fit perfect in there haven't had a single problem with it since!!

Dozerking thank for your input. But, I have some questions for ya. In post number 10 where, you are describing what shifter linkage to be adjusted or moved. Can you clarify your statement in by using the numbers from the include diagram?? Also, can you describe the missing bushing as, far as where it goes and and thick the busking has to be.

image.jpg

i wish i had this picture when i did mine! Im not gonna lie its been over a year since i did mine so im not a 100% clear. So i told you to take #6 and turn it upside down your pic says your is right i turned mine for whatever reason but it reallt shouldn't matter either way you need to take #45 and turn it to the right to get away from you AA adapter the pic i showed you is in 4 hi and mine is 3 inches away atleast you could fine tune it a hair and maybe not have to notch your floor board like i said! I think the bushings Im talking about were #13 i don't remember the size i used i packed the parts in the store and matched them up but it looks to me like your talking about slope being from #2 to#11 looks like your #7 bolts is in backwards if that diesnt fix your slope i would be there is a sleeved washer that goes in there if you lost it then take your stuff to the store and size it up! is that the slope your talking about??? if not give me the numbers off your pic and i can help understand it a bit more!

Need more help

Dozers king idea did not work. The shifter (part number 45) on top of the transfer case is now locked up. Anybody got any ideas what is causing the lock up and how to fix the original problem???? Thanks Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom