un-golding fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cooper,

>> when I asked about the shipping he said it shouldnt be more than a couple of bucks <<

:G

>> ... the gold nut on the antenna piece only comes as a part of the complete antenna assembly. <<

Someday you guys are gonna learn to give C-Dan an IM or a call for the right part numbers and a price quote.

-B-

I'm learning...

It's taking time, but I really am...

Someday you guys are gonna learn to give C-Dan an IM or a call for the right part numbers and a price quote.
Would have to agree in a big way. Mighty Cdan is hooking me up.
grinning-smiley-003.gif
Now we'll just wait and see about B's recommendation on the VSV :eek:
ernaehrung019.gif
:flipoff2: :D

I "De-Golded" my 96 this past winter. Got the Stock silver emblem set from SOR. (same issues w/the s&h $'s).

First i heated up the emblems with a hairdryer..then I used a plastic scraper that i got from AUTOZONE ($2) to wedge under the gloden emblems. I carefully peeled them back. I used this cool little gadget from 3M called a "3M Stripe off wheel". It is like a big eraser that you put on your drill to get off pinstriping, sticker residue, etc. (See pic below).

LinkPhoto

HEre is an "in progress" pic..just looking at that SNOW makes me want to move back to florida..ugh.

LinkPhoto

Well hope this helps. The whole process wasnt that bad. Since i am not that big a fan of any gold trim..it was worth it to me.

later..

Hey S.A. Thanks for the pics and the info. What did you use to adhere the new emblems?

BTW - I found out that the nut on the antenna is an easy fix. i just taped it off and hit it with chrome paint tonight and its like new.

Change of plans....
I'm now goin' chrome.
C-Dan's da man.

I'll still black pearl rattle can the gold ones and take pics if anyone is interested.

SOR's shipping is not really a problem when you can order enough to make it worth it, but they charged me $14 shipping for a t-shirt with their name on it.  :puke:

Did I mention that was the last order I've placed with them? Great catalog, but ol' Ben only got me once and he didn't even buy me a drink first.

When I was 16 I couldn't afford a 40 or an 80 let alone $1000 worth of parts for it from one vendor. :eek:

Is there a way to un-gold the key hole cover on the rear hatch?

CHROME ANTENNA NUT:  86336-89102 $6.23 list  8)

Got 2 of 'em in front of me right now :G

Ya just gotta know where to shop........ ::)

If you just can't live without a gold one. it's a 00577-89104 $25.32
The black pearl is 00577-60974 $22.19

:beer:
whats the hidden shipping costs? :D

seriously though, I mailed a package last week with 300 insurance and it was $14 dollars for ground and it didnt weigh as much as spectors catalog.  what ups and the post office charges keeps going up to send stuff.  paid $9 for shipping something someone sent to me that was lighter than spectors catalog and ground no insurance.  not to defend spector or anything, just a thought.  
least spector could do is get a new catalog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom