Turning/blinker switch on column (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to get the beast set up for inspection sticker.

Need to get the blinkers working, looks like the yaehoo :flipoff2: before me broke off the blinker switch in the column. Any ideas on how/where to get another switch or another steering column. Just getting into the fun of Cruisin.

My kids are dying for me to get the truck on the road. Only get to wheel on the weekends.

Thanks
John :cheers:

Register it as an antique and use hand signals. Seriously. I have my 69 registered as an antique until I get things restored. The purpose of the antique plate is to allow people to restor their vehicle by taking the time and doing it right. They don't want people to slap on coats of Bondo or Tiger hair just to get it stickered. Register it as an antique, get it on the road and impress the kiddies. Then take your time doing to research in a new blinky shifter. Do you need photos of bliner lever or anything? Check James Wade for parts and http://cruiserparts.net/.

Good idea Travis, thanks for the site and idea. What does that do to you for insurance? with it being a antique is my insurance co. going to bend me :'(over even more than normal?

John

Mine is still registered as an antique even with spring over and hydro-steering. It will soon be registered differenty. I know my insurance was very cheap with the antique registry. I just had liability. If I remember right it is like $10 every six months. Took the insurance off because it is down for some serious reworking.

Insurance will be no different than any other car insurance. Which is good and bad. They will insure it for book value, which isn't crap, which means your insurance will be cheap. Call them, they'll happily give you a quote. The downside is, if you have a rig with a lot of money into you and total it, or even worse, it burns up, you won't get squat from the insurance company. You can however, get a seperate antique auto insurance policy, but that's a whole other topic. I think my registration was $30. That's it! I also had to sign a State affidavit that I had some other form of reliable transportation, which I do and you probably do too. I think it may vary from State to State. I got pulled over one time for not having an inspection sticker. Cop apologized because he didn't see the antique plate. He asked me how that works. I had to explain it to him! ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom