Triumph Bonneville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, true. That would take a major leap of faith. You did allude to flipping it... is that still the plan?

Yeah, I was thinking for trading for a Bonnie or Tiger plus cash. Not sure yet, and not in too much of a hurry. I have always wanted a 67 Bonneville, so we'll see.

too bad you're so far away. one of the guys in rising sun is selling a triumph
That would be me. It's still for sale. Too cold in Denver the past month to sell, I guess. If anyone is interested in a '78 T140e, PM me for details. I'm trying to raise funds to buy Ige's '76 Piggie.
5408_140481269807_667659807_3277805_4062305_n.jpg

5408_140682254807_667659807_3281272_1912378_n.jpg

Yes, true. That would take a major leap of faith. You did allude to flipping it... is that still the plan?

Yeah, even more so now. The registrar guy on one of the triples forums just messaged me. Apparently my bike is one of a very limited number of 5-speeds built in 1972. They only built 200, and only to satisfy AMA racing requirements for manufacturer racing. Of the 200 built, less than 3/4 were sold to the public, and who knows how many survive?

So hopefully some collector really, really wants it :cool: . I'll sell it faster than I gave my ex-wife up to RevCan!

I just installed this electronic ignition:

Tri-Spark: the digital electronic ignition

Holy doodle, what a difference! Starts from cold with one or two kicks now, as opposed to needing 10+ kicks from cold before.

I like the new Triumph's too. Make mine a Scrambler though.

219285506-L.jpg

PS this is not my bike

I like the new Triumph's too. Make mine a Scrambler though.

219285506-L.jpg

PS this is not my bike

Love the gov't surplus look. Got a link to that source?

My mom(!) had an ex-M.O.D. Speed Twin 5T in the 50's, with an all-alloy engine which had been a surplus power generator from a Wellington bomber. No pics, unfortunately, but a few scars and a slight limp to this day!

Love the gov't surplus look. Got a link to that source?

My mom(!) had an ex-M.O.D. Speed Twin 5T in the 50's, with an all-alloy engine which had been a surplus power generator from a Wellington bomber. No pics, unfortunately, but a few scars and a slight limp to this day!

It was somewhere in the 500+ pages in the following forum:

Triumph Scrambler - ADVrider

Your mom sounds pretty cool.

Here's my 2008 that I bought a year ago in April. It was an insurance total, this is what it looked like when I brought it home. A few hours and a few hundred $$$ later, it looks like brand new with 4000 miles.

It is a lot of fun to ride, with decent handling and power. I've had all types of bikes from Goldwings to XR650L's and this one is just as fun to ride. I'm always getting comments and people always want to talk about their experiences with Triumph's. One day I had the pleasure of talking with one old timer that told me stories of old for at least 45 minutes in a parking lot. :)

If you like the looks and riding position I say go for it. There's nothing like a naked bike that still looks like a bike !

Let us know what you do.

Jeff
2008T100.jpg

Been a while since i posted in here but i've been eyeballing everyone's rides (awesome). I just bought another 80 so the bike is on hold but i'm still really interested in them. I love the looks of em. That scrambler is right up my alley, does look like a shin burner though.

I just installed this electronic ignition:

Tri-Spark: the digital electronic ignition

Holy doodle, what a difference! Starts from cold with one or two kicks now, as opposed to needing 10+ kicks from cold before.

:lol: eat your wheaties!
points suck ass.

what's real fun is when, on rare occasions, the RZ kickstarter "forgets" to disengage and tries to launch me arse-over-tit over the handlebars.

Loving the new Scrambler. It's even got EFI!

This guy has a few cool Triumph stories, like finding a 95 Daytona new in 2002... Good photo's of some classic triumphs too..

Triumph Motorcycles

Got my fingers cross that we're gonna see a new 675 Tiger in the next year or so..:clap:

Here's my 2008 Bonnie Black:
Triumph Fly-screen
Black cowl not shown
Sixty8 seat
TOR exhaust
AI removed
Air box removed
Bonnie-01.JPG
Bonnie-02.JPG

Nice Bonnie Ramble :clap:

Just went through many hoops trying to find a headlight bulb for my '72. :bang: None of the local auto parts places or electric places carried it, even though it's a Philips automotive bulb.

But then I found this guy: British Isles Motorcycles . He had some.

He is about :45 minutes from me, and I pass by his shop all the time.

I just feel my shin burning looking at it...

That one looks like it's had the guards removed. I checked out an '10 Scrambler at the dealer the other day and felt the pipes (with guard attached) after it ran for a while. Only slightly warm to the touch - definitely not a shin-burner as long as you leave the guards on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom