Triumph Bonneville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking into getting a motorcycle and like the classic looks of the bonneville by triumph. Does anyone on here ride one of these? I'm just looking for some input on how they ride and how you like it.

They ride nice but like all Brittish bikes have their issues.

They leak oil and tend to burn up pistons. Tuning them properly is crucial.

And having the shifter on the wrong side takes some getting used to.

I assume you're talking about the new ones.

The new Triumphs are not the British bikes of old...

I know someone on Mud has a newer Thruxton with a sidecar he made. I've ridden a friends Bonneville 1x...
I'd start searching & reading threads at ADVrider (some bonnie and scrambler riders there) and maybe this site Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

I helped my Dad with a 1974 Bonneville project. The bike is cherry, reliable and a s*** load of fun.

He also has a new Triumph Tiger that is also a great bike.

The '74 is show quality now, it gets looks and comments everywhere it ends up. It has many custom touches and fabrication that I did.

old-bonneville.jpg
new-bonneville.jpg

Here is the Bonneville.

Batteryless, electronic ignition, bobbed a little.
_MG_9558.jpg

It is actually a 2 into 1, it does sound pretty bitchin.
_MG_9562.jpg

Yeah i'm talking about a new one. I want to get into riding without spending a ton of money and the bonneville looks like a good choice. I am also considering the harley nightster but it is a little more coin.

The custom electrical box I fabbed up. All the electrics are in there, including coil, makes for a sweet compact package.

Custom dash and gauges.
_MG_9545.jpg
_MG_9441.jpg

I built a trident chop a little while back (Triumph 750 triple). It had sat in a barn for 15+ years. I rebuilt the carbs, new points and electronics, and damned if that thing did not fire every single time. Stock motor, 20K miles on it.

The new triumphs are very reliable bikes. The main sales guy at the harley shop up here rides a thruxton, so that should say something.

I dig the new bonnies, but if I were going for nostalgia (and the unreliability of a brit bike) I would go with the royal enfield. That and the 3K price difference.

The new triumphs are very reliable bikes. The main sales guy at the harley shop up here rides a thruxton, so that should say something.

It says to me that it's more reliable than a Harley and it's something that's more acceptable for management and the customers to see him to ride than a Jap bake.

The new Trumpets are fine motorcycles. Nothing wrong with them at all. The older ones are unadulterated garbage, but really good looking garbage. I would own one, but only because I already own a trailer.

IMG_1292.jpg

my bike<Nat's bike. that thing is gorgeous.

Sold it last year, too fast, handled like hell with the +4 hardtail and straight bar. Fun to ride, though.

Yeah i'm talking about a new one. I want to get into riding without spending a ton of money and the bonneville looks like a good choice. I am also considering the harley nightster but it is a little more coin.

Good, reliable machine. Fun to ride. Classic looks.

$7900 vs $10,000

I would say a little more coin.

Get the Trumpet. You don't want to be just another sheeple on a Hardly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom