Trans and tcase move under load? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently got off an extremely rocky and unforgiving trail and when i put the car into first gear and engage the clutch, the load moves the whole transmission and tcase to the right then once fully rolling it moves back to normal. My guess is motor mounts or transmission mounts. Im wondering if anyone has any more information before I start ordering replacement parts. Haven't had a chance to full inspect, but I'd like a general idea.
the car drove fine 2 and a half hours home, but I feel the whole drivetrain shift when i first put it under load.

By the stick inside the car pushing my hand at least 4 inches to the right when I put it under load

Broken Driver Side Motor mount. I bet you hear the fan hitting the shroud too.

Shearing the driver's side motor mount (that is a bit aged) is not uncommon after torquing the LC in 4WD Lo... especially climbing hills in 4 Lo 1st. Not a big deal to replace. Carry a spare for the next time it happens.. cuz it will.

Agree, likely driver side motor mount.

Get an OEM motor mount from BENO...$85ish as I remember. Easy enough to change by jacking the front of the engine several inches. Might have to loosen...but not detach the passenger side mount to get enough clearance to remove the damaged mount.

First time doing this may take 90 min...if you've done it before, maybe 30-45 min.

John

It's safe to say this motor mount is done. Thanks for your help guys! New one is going in now

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom