Towing/ Camping /Trailers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good Andy!

More progress today. Floor and some bracing is in. New tires are on.

IMG_6629.JPG
IMG_6627.JPG
IMG_6633.JPG
IMG_6635.JPG

Looks awesome.

You said something in a text today about it rattling with the new floor. What's the story with that? I am sure it had some type of rubber body pad in there OEM huh? I can look at mine.

Yeah. The new floor is heavier and slaps loud on the frame over a bump. No shocks on it right now but still won't like to hear that. I'm thinking I'm gonna bolt it to the frame in two places. Will take care of any play.

My poor M416 has been sitting outside most of the summer and it's looking like poo.

I also got longer FrontRunner crossbars that I needed to install.

My siderails are rough and bent but today I decided to fix them. The little Warn took care. I had to sammich it against a tree.

IMG_8105.JPG

IMG_8106.JPG

The first FrontRunner load bars were too short. I will use them on my 4Runner when I use the Thule box

IMG_8119.JPG

These clamps are designed for factory racks that are thicker than the M416 tube. The last time I installed I decided I needed more tube there.

The answer was 3/4" rubber hose split and placed under the grip. It really firmed it up

IMG_8118.JPG

IMG_8120.JPG

I'll get the RTT mounts on Sunday and the tent.

IMG_8121.JPG

That's a lot of truck for a 7.3 (T444E spec in that truck). Most 4700's from that era were equipped with the DT466. Wonder if that was a typo/mistake?

Put it all on just to take it off again? Dang, you were bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom