This item is no longer available - Cummins 2.8 Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a bitch of a time getting my grill off with just the 3 fasteners I have.... cant imaging what it would be like to try and get them off with all of them there AND NEW!!

Anybody have a successful way to get the rear side glass pains in? I'm doing the procedure per the manual with a rope and glass cleaner as lube but it's getting to be a bitch. Any corner to do first over another?

I have the rear hatch glass in.

I don't remember which corner to start with but I used a silicone lubricant.

I got the kydex cut out for the rear quarter panels. Pretty easy to work with. I'll get some economics together if ya'll are interested but I'm going to say prolly not more than $35 per side.

Carpet from Spector is awesome. New car smell !!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450232084.004071.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450232100.671778.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450232119.796777.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450232135.044735.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450232147.144777.jpg

Use soapy water with the rope for the side windows, and a 1/4" nylon rope. Go slowly, and make figure 8s as you work the rope out of the groove (as the seal mates to the side of the body). Use plenty of soapy water, applied with a toothbrush (or whatever). Be patient, don't tear the seal. Get a helper. Don't start pulling the rope at a corner -start in the middle of a long run.

My supplier had a different nutcert that i needed to try before I pop the panels in. Should be done this weekend once I pick them up today.

Last edited:
Got delayed with the nutserts for the rear quarter panels, Monday!

Working on getting the front axle finally painted.

Left an Easter egg if their comes a time that it's not mine anymore. Packaging tape from SOR that still had glue.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450628773.890701.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450628785.639308.jpg

@drillduty Auburn Plastics here in Indy. auburnplastics.com They are a dealer for the maker of Kydex around the country. Indianapolis has a lot of manufacturing and since Kydex, PVC and UHMW are used for parts conveyor systems, they move a lot of it. 1/8 is the standard thickness they carry and black is the only color. Other colors are special order.

@jfnall I lost my brown trim piece that fastens the carpet to the seat back. I was waiting until the last minute to use the blue one I have in reserve hoping that the brown one appears somewhere I haven't looked yet.

@drillduty Auburn Plastics here in Indy. auburnplastics.com They are a dealer for the maker of Kydex around the country. Indianapolis has a lot of manufacturing and since Kydex, PVC and UHMW are used for parts conveyor systems, they move a lot of it. 1/8 is the standard thickness they carry and black is the only color. Other colors are special order.

@jfnall I lost my brown trim piece that fastens the carpet to the seat back. I was waiting until the last minute to use the blue one I have in reserve hoping that the brown one appears somewhere I haven't looked yet.
Thanks Bud!

I like the Kydex too. Thinking about it to replace my ratty tailgate carpet panel. What did you cut with and how was it?

Great work on this thing. I've got a tan '85 too but you're already putting mine to shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom