They all break something, even mine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

B-,

Yes, the job is about the same. The location of the solenoids is not quite the same but they are accessed in the same manner. The 343 has three as opposed to the 442, which has four.

I was gonna say the same thing. :D

Well, I suppose you could say that. You could also say that it's 160 bucks LESS to spend on a 343 if you need 'em all ::)

Yes, it has happened. Something let-go in my BUS transmission. Last night as I attempted to leave work, I had No 1st or 2nd gear. I pulled the TCM codes and have a bad #1 shift solinoid :'( . *85420-60050 $162.10 :eek: . Now to drop the pan............... :p

Hi Dan,

I had something similar happen to my '94 a couple days ago, and I am trying to identify the failed component.

When this happened to you, were you able to manually shift down into 1st/Low and 2nd?

When I start out it feels like I am in 3rd or 4th gear (no power). In my situation, I am able to manually shift down into 1st/Low and pull away from a stop with normal power.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

I had something similar happen to my '94 a couple days ago, and I am trying to identify the failed component.

When this happened to you, were you able to manually shift down into 1st/Low and 2nd?

When I start out it feels like I am in 3rd or 4th gear (no power). In my situation, I am able to manually shift down into 1st/Low and pull away from a stop with normal power.

Do you have the PWR button pushed down? It might be engaged, and the light on your dash might not be working.

ELW2

Always good to know the year and engine of the vehicle....

DougM

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

It turns out a rodent gnawed off the grey plastic 6-wire connector above the starter!

Now I need to figure out a good way to fix the wiring. I don't think I have enough slack for the wire ends to meet. I'll have to check tomorrow.

dan,
that is disappointing to hear that parts in the trans went out at only 110K miles... was there a defect?

Glad it went well for you Dan,

Junk,
NO one would want to drive your beater rig......

Dave

Dan, any symptoms with the tranny prior to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom