The sickness is back... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Missing the rear tire carrier. Looks like maybe an aluminum tub? No ribs on the inside of the fender wells, I don't see any holes drilled for the tire carrier...

Not sure there are very many (if any) 4spd PTOs from the factory in the US, it might have originally been from a 3 spd truck and swapped over. The PTO driveshaft should be a telltale...

Looks like a great 40. You get a pass since you haven't picked it up.... But you really need to flip the bezel or expect to get about 25 posts about it.

Your wife could be laying across the hood naked and this group would say, "nice, but you need to flip the bezel".

Just sayin

Your wife could be laying across the hood naked and this group would say, "nice, but you need to flip the bezel".

HA! ain't that the truth! bezel police are so in my head I have felt like walking up to strangers to tell them to flip their bezel! I was with my son on a Cal4Wheel run, and pointed one out to him, "that's a nice '40, but he needs to flip his bezel!"

great lookin' rig Eyerish! enjoy it, and welcome to 'Mud

Funny you mention the bezel...

I noticed that when I was comparing to a CCOT show car and thought...something looks fxxxed up on mine. LOL

As for the tire carrier....no tire carrier, but I certainly want one.

It is certainly not an aluminum tub as there are some rust bubbles starting to show through. I have a bunch of receipts from cruiser solutions, but I honestly can't decipher all of them.....At the very least it has new doors, new front fenders, new headliner, new ambulance doors, and the interior is immaculate. It was repainted, but I think the original color was indeed freeborn red. A lot of work has been to the truck since 1999.

I know very little about mechanics, etc, but I just can't pass this up...seems like a hell of a buy.

When you get it, you should come out and meet Rick, aka high country cruiser and me. He's in Andover and I'm in Reading. There's another guy in Lynnfield and one in Peabody, all with 40's.

I certainly will! I will need some friends when my wife kicks me out of the house for this purchase. LOL

Some more pics that I took.

545.jpg

544.jpg

543.jpg

542.jpg

541.jpg

531.jpg

I finally picked it up today in New Hampshire and drove it home in the pouring rain. Made it back in one piece. The kids love it!

Nice. I'm jealous of how many stock items are still there and how it hasn't been molested too much. Nice radio blankoff plate too.

Eyerish,

Congrats on the 40. Looks like you found a good deal. I don't have a lot of experience fixing vehicles either. I am learning as I go. There are a lot of mud members on here that are willing to be patient and give you advice no matter how difficult or easy the task is.

Mike

Agree with my local comrade on the wheels, I'd love to have and extra 1-11/2" of width on my steelies. Especially since 9.50 15s are a thing of the past.

Wheel tubs have been rebuilt but looks like they did a decent job.

Nice ride I'm on the Shouth Shore we should hook up!
P.S. I have a Qx56 wife's ride your my parts guy now.
Enjoy!

Super cool rig!!:clap:

I've never seen one of these before :doh: but what's the story with the three (3) gear shifters?

541.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom