The Elusive Black Manual 62 Style Mirrors Are Real (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Watching this, loathed my mirrors for a while now and might jump on this bandwagon.

Bandwagon what bro? My recommendation has always been buy it once and don't buy it again. The mirror will outlast your lifetime.

Actually this is even more apropos considering I know where you drink coffee.

;)

The environmental conditions in which you live will not actually allow anything that is aftermarket to survive very long.

In the northeast I recommend to buy it once and not Buy it ever again.

Bandwagon what bro? My recommendation has always been buy it once and don't buy it again. The mirror will outlast your lifetime.

Actually this is even more apropos considering I know where you drink coffee.

;)

The environmental conditions in which you live will not actually allow anything that is aftermarket to survive very long.

In the northeast I recommend to buy it once and not Buy it ever again.

This is entirely true, but after an attempted theft, one mirror has permanent "dog ear" syndrome as well as the shakes.

Almost worth paying for new euro mirrors or these manual ones to get rid of the awful droop and shake

...but after an attempted theft...

New nice mirrors should be mounted with security bolts.

image.jpeg

New nice mirrors should be mounted with security bolts.

View attachment 1207362

Thankfully the mirrors on it where the cheapo's, at the time they were more interested in trying to steal the rig off the semi truck and the mirrors and body were collateral damage.

If I pull the trigger on Euro's or these mirrors those screws will definitely be happening

@Oaks @jherre1 @beno @sschruff @Major Nelson

Finally had some time waiting on the freight carrier to pick up a couple bumpers. Here is the quick new gasket for the mirrors. This material is a military grade ASTM -50F to 300F. I'm ordering another piece in a softer durometer. I had to crank down pretty good to get the compression/seal I was happy with.

A local oilfield gasket shop will make me a cut die and stamp these out (making the price reasonable and cut my time by 200% ). Just need to get the specs down and we will be off to the press.

These are hand cut and will be much nicer with the die cut.

J
View attachment 1060874 View attachment 1060875 View attachment 1060876
Sorry if I am missing the boat here; are you selling the gaskets to make these 7o series mirrors fit properly on a 60/62?
David

Stand by one. . .project 60 series mirror fabrication to commence shortly.

I'm WILL have one or the other fabricated for the 60 series:

ICON's : Would be an entire replacement mirror assy.

Mercedes G Wagon: Would be an adapter plate to mount the G Wagon mirrors to the 60

Icon over Benz version. Benz is not rustic enough and will not blend with the 60 styling.

I have a set of still in the box 70 series mirrors. I'll show the fab shops those & the ICON mirrors. . .and see what they can come up with for the 60 series.

Cast will be much cheaper than CNC - but those ICON's. . .wow!

I have a price for factory replacement new 62 manual mirrors, not terrible for the pair but I will need to paint them to get rid of the chrome. Far from reasonable for a pair too. They are factory so I get the price.

Seems like any of the aftermarket mirrors shake but are cheap $; and factory mirrors can be cost prohibitive. Other options would be great but I can not understand why there is no clear consensus on this subject. There is no mid level price but decent quality. I see is as the $175.00-$200.00 option since the factory ones are 300.00 a pair.

Really cheap crap or really expensive factory "if" you can find them.

Stock 62s, 70s with the new mount or ICONs I need to buy a pair of good mirrors. I'm not saying price is no object but my electric mirrors shake rattle and roll and must go. I'm in for a new set.
David

I have a pair of stock 70 mirrors for my 60 sitting in the garage as well. I'm interested in anything that gives me better visibility over the stock 60 side view mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom