swapping everything from FZJ80 to FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to be swapping engine, trans, transfer case and axles from a 1993 FJZ80 to a 1992 FJ80 and just curious as to what problems I may run into. The FJZ80 is a complete donor vehicle and I'm sure I'll have some questions over the next coming weeks.
Let me know if you have any advice.
Thanks
Joe

I've swapped over a '94 rear axle to a '91. Only surprise was that the parking brake cable needed to be swapped to.

Just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure...

well if you got the entire vehicle as a donor (and loads of ambition) i guess youd have the parts, but ive read here (somewhat recently) swapping a post 94 1fzfe into an earlier FZJ can be troublesome and cost prohibitive. I believe it was the PAIR valve that caused several issues. I definately dont see it being cost effective but if your not intimidated and got it ......go for it. Also the FJ exhaust may run down the driver side???( dont take that as fact ) but the routing is a bit different.

somthing tells me that it would be easier to swap the body on the 92 onto the 93

somthing tells me that it would be easier to swap the body on the 92 onto the 93

x2.

Doing a body swap might be easier. It would be worth while to make a list of pros and cons for each method.

Ironically, Dan and I were talking about this same thing today about my POS.

:D

Body swap is out of the question. The 93 was t-boned recently with only 78000 miles. My 92 has a blown engine and a front axle problem (I pulled a heep out in reverse, yea I know), plus its been sitting for 4 years.:crybaby:

The front engine mounts are different. You will need to cut the brackets off of both frames and transfer the 1FZ brackets to the 3FE frame. Be sure the are EXACTLY where they need to be and have a pro weld them back on the frame.

Get all the wiring from the 93 as well as the engine ECU and transmission ECU. Also get the brake parts.

If the frame is not bent, I may swap the body over. I'll measure it to see if its square. I know the mount on the frame where the body mount sits is bent down some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom