STLCA New Years Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
STLCA is having our traditional New Years ride January 2-4,2015. The ride will be in the Cove. We will meet Friday at 10 AM CST
At Andy's shop off the Square in Jasper, TN. We will camp Friday and Saturday nights and come out Sunday afternoon. There will be a group supper Friday and Saturday nights and breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings.

If there are any Knoxville guys that can make this ride let Roger know so he can plan accordingly for the suppers. I will be going. For those that haven't been down there, it is a good expedition type ride where you ride and then camp somewhere in the woods each night.

Count me in!

07 FJ Cruiser. Appalachia Cruisers. TLCA #22753.

I haven't gotten the ok yet, but I'm hoping to be there. Need to get some garage time and fix my steering and both front and rear sway bar mounts.

Last edited:
BUMP for a great event!! Come on out fellas and enjoy the Cove.

This was from a couple years ago. All my other pics are in my old phone and computer.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417497298.709834.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417497309.074951.jpg

I wish some of you guys could have joined us on the ride. It turned out to be a pretty epic adventure! I'll give you more details at the next meeting but here's a summary. We had good rides on both Fri and Sat. The rain made everything muddy enough to make the trails interesting. Then the monsoon started Sat night. By Sun morning the river next to camp had risen about 6'. We waited until 2:00 but it was still too deep. Decided to head back south. We made it thru several river crossings but eventually was blocked by one that was too deep. Backtracked and went up another way. Probably had a dozen major water crossings and several came over the hood on my 80. On the deepest crossing two trucks got swamped and had to be pulled out (Jamie's 4Runner and Jimmy's lifted mini-truck/buggy). Thankfully, after pulling the plugs both trucks started. After that Roger's transmission case had cracked and Jason had an ignition issue. Finally made up to pavement after 10:00. Shawn Solomon should have some great video when he gets it posted on the STLCA thread.

Sean posted his video on the STLCA thread. About the 6:00 mark on the video is one of the deeper crossings. The current was pushing the trucks sideways. Good stuff.

Holy Crap, i watched the videos on STLCA site. Man that was some crazy river crossings

I've been all over the STLCA posts and must say very impressive. Looked liked a long sustained ultimate rush of fear and excitement at once. Damn!

Killer video, thanks for sharing, looks like everyone had a great time. Hope I can make it out next time! Here's a link to the youtube video (since the STLCA.org site is currently down).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom