Spring Over Vs. Spring Under (1 Viewer)

SPRING OVER VS. SPRING UNDER

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love spring overs... :D

Call me and we can chat... better yet chat while we stare at a couple of SOA (and mabey some SUA) rigs... :D

Vitesse_6 said:
I fit mine in 8' door's, I have room for 4 in my garage....LOVE it!

Bastid :D

With the top on I would not fit.

Than again, I have not had the top on in two years :confused:

Forgot roof rack on hard top.

i can't decide. my 68 40 is soa and i love it. but, a good sua is also awsome...which is why i'm debating reversing my semi started soa on my 65 40...guess it all depends on what its' going to be used for

Have any of you guys ever taken the time to do a step by step instruction on the soa lift? or is there a set of directions somewhere on this website? I am pretty happy stock, for now. but you never know what the future holds.

There is a full-length general overview of the SOA procedure, what is involved, what to consider and describing different styles of several aspects of a SOA suspension, in the tech section.

Imagine that.

So, to answer your question, yes. :D

your probobly right cruisin, but rather than read the read the 250 threads on cruiser tech on a soa search, i figured i would ask a question and maybe get an answer before i read 250 threads. so i am guessing the answer is yes?

imagine that

thanks for the help,,, thats what we are all here for.

Doing a search in the cruiser tech section would indeed make your head spin...however point your mouser above (up at the very top) and click on the "Technical Links", there is a vast amount of excellent info about lifts and other things. Or http://www.ih8mud.com/cruisertech.php made it even easier.

Is there any one on here who is anti SOA? I know that the guys at Man-A-Fre tell people to stay away from an SOA setup!

SOA is awsome, I love it. It feels good on and off road. The first thing I noticed when I was finished and took it out is all the extra room you get when your springs are above the axle and u-bolts are fliped. Alot easier to drive around in BIG rocks SOA.

Flex shot

attachment.php

I'll play the anti card.....I am against SOA if you don't have to ability to do it safely. Hire a shop if you aren't confident in your own skills. :D

-Derek A- Sweet pic thanks for posting it! :bounce:

Driving around town, you won't notice much difference between the two. Maybe a little more body roll with the SOA, but if you keep your rear springs as vertical as possible you won't really notice it.

But get out on a washboard road, or when you want to haul ass between the "easy" sections of the trail you're on, the SOA is very nice. Not to mention the added travel. Even if I didn't wheel my rig, I'd want it sprung over.

I ran mine for years bone stock, then with OME, then sprung over on stock springs. Oh, and mine fits in my 7' garage door fine. It'll also fit with the hard top on if I air down.

Jason, what size rubber do you have ?

SOA all the way, its pretty obvious when you see brand new rigs coming fromt he factory that way. Mine also fits ina 7' garage with the top on 35's

Here's a flex shot
whellin_090504%20026.jpg

Thats pretty tight! Whats the backspacing on those rims? It's good to see more pics posted on this subject.

So you SOA guys, how high does your frame sit when parked on level ground (ground to bottom of frame rail)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom