Sold my 60 this morning... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
So I am cruiserless at the moment.

I did have a small twinge of regret when I watched him drive away in my sweet truck, but now I am on the hunt for the replacement.

Thanks to all of you who inquired.

Mike S.

I can't even imagine that....I have sold a bunch of cruuisers but not my first...the 60...That would be a very sad day...:frown:

That would be hard to watch it drive away. Hope you got what you wanted.

What are you looking for now? A nice 80?

You know how they say "if you love them let them go" That just doesn't hold true for cruisers, you should hold on tightly and never let them go. I still regret letting my 62 be towed away to the scrap yard after it got t-boned. Would have been hard to make it driveable again, but I could have used a lot of the parts on my 60.

:(

sooo, you still gonna keep me in line on this section of mud??

:D

craigslist

In the Vehicles For Sale & Wanted section he posted up yesterday that he was puting it on Craigslist, same prices. One day and gone.....
Craigslist I guess.

FJ40Jim said:
Yes Mike, What advertising medium seemed to work best for you?
Just wondering for next time something has to go.

I'm thinking it was sold via the Craigslist ad. I live in the Bay Area and viewed it on the Craigslist and first I said "whoa, a bit pricey", then I opened up the link and I finally saw a 60 worth it's listing price.

I often search for Cruisers on Craigslist....not that I'm buying or selling, just looking for the next one just in case.

Why did you sell it? It was perfect! :eek:

Thanks, gentlemen (and Mace). I sold the truck on Craigslist.org - local only in three days. It had a lot of attention lavished on it, and ran beautifully. Sold it to a guy from the Portland area - he is going to desmog and add headers. Jim C. I gave him your name - will send him your e-mail contact, as well.

I sold it to buy an 80. For the tent business I need a truck that can go far in great comfort, tow a 1200 lb. trailer, and carry a tent on the roof. A nice shiny 'demo truck'. So the 60 is gone. It was my second cruiser - first was a 1972 FJ40 that I drove for 15 years. Cost $3800 brand new at the dealership - eat your hearts out. Sold it 15 years later for $3000. With over 150,000 miles.

I like 60 series cruisers, and enjoy spanking Mace from time to time, so I am not gone.

You guys were great to me when I was a 60 newbie. Hope the 80's guys are nice to an 80 series newbie...

Mike S

:flipoff2:

Mmmmm mod spankings....

Go teach those 80 freaks what Tech is. They don't seem to quite comprehend the idea. Course, they are a little better than the 100 series soccer moms :)

I have not even driven my 60 yeat and you bail on me.

Sniff, sniff

beaufort-fj60 said:
they got to him.... the 80 people that is.

The FZJ80 is a compelling truck. Mike isn't the first and won't be the last 60 series guy to make the switch.

Mace said:

Mmmmm mod spankings....

Go teach those 80 freaks what Tech is. They don't seem to quite comprehend the idea. Course, they are a little better than the 100 series soccer moms :)

I have not even driven my 60 yeat and you bail on me.

Sniff, sniff

A 60 is a slippery slope. It starts with upgrading the headlights, and ends up with a new 1 HD-T and 5 spped under the hood. Suspension, wheels and tires, dual batteries, lockers, FF rears...

"Hi. My name is Mike, and I am an FJ60 owner..."

Hell, even my WIFE (who never wanted to ride in it - a neat benefit, in itself) was sorry to see it go.

The guy I sold it to had a new Fj Cruiser on order, and decided tahta 60 was more cruiser. Yeah! And it is.

I read the 60 tech stuff, and I see, well, tech stuff. I read the 100 series, and I got guys wondering how to change the oil, get their DVD players mounted, s*** like that. God. I'm really headin' south.

Bless you all for helpin' me when I was stupid. Still stupid, but on different subjects.

M..

PS: Mace; I'll spank you, but you will have to pay daddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom