So some Jeep guy is selling a Land Cruiser... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well after watching this on Craigslist for almost 2 months, my sister sends me a text with a link to it. I thought it was gone but then it popped back up again. Turns out I know the guy. After looking at it, I was interested but was going to walk. As I am about to leave he talks me into it. His wife was after him to sell it and I was the only one to come look at it. Helped I had a pocket of cash and a trailer strapped to my GMC. The VIN on the title was for his wifes 2005 4runner so he had to get that straight then he delivered it to me. And I thought I was going to walk away from this!?!?

So now I own a 1989 FJ62. Power window and locks work, it drives like it should, starts right up, no check engine lights or other lights. 175k on the clock. Almost stock except for 31's, aftermarket cruise control, and of course the phone! I spent a few hours cleaning it up today and it cleans up nice. There are a few little things to work on but it is a driver!

I added the TLCA decal to make it official.

89 fj62 4.jpg

89 fj62 5.jpg

89 fj62 5.jpg

89 fj62 6.jpg

89 fj62 3.jpg

I have to admit -- with the exception of the rectangular headlights, I like the look a lot. Drive it to the next meeting so we can examine it "up-close"! Reid

You need to get that phone working!

You need to get that phone working!
Well, I added a cd player/radio to replace the non working stock radio, installed new Toyota front bumper end caps and checked it over. I have a few little things to do to get it to pass VA inspection.

With all this being said, my FJ40 is not getting attention. If anyone is seriously interested in this FJ62 let me know. I may sell it to pay for the paint job on the FJ40 so I can finish it up.

Plus I could not get the phone working!

Well, I added a cd player/radio to replace the non working stock radio, installed new Toyota front bumper end caps and checked it over. I have a few little things to do to get it to pass VA inspection.

With all this being said, my FJ40 is not getting attention. If anyone is seriously interested in this FJ62 let me know. I may sell it to pay for the paint job on the FJ40 so I can finish it up.

Plus I could not get the phone working!

I was interested, but the non-working phone is a deal breaker.

$5000 or best offer. I have to replace a brake line, then it will pass VA state inspection. I will get the brake line replaced this week.

I found something else to buy....

Sold!

Hey! I saw this white Cruiser on Broad Street about a month or so back and briefly looked at it. You mentioned you found something else to buy. What did you find? I've got a 2005 Land Cruiser and looking around for a Fj60/62 as well. PS- this is my first initial post as I'm new to this world. Happy to meet fellow enthusiasts around RVA.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom