Help a member out (HAMO) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

youngsters!:cry::cry:

What’s that Rob?:rofl: But really I love the truck just want a few modern conveniences

1713886598426.gif

The stereo is not. Its an Apline iLX-407 that was there when Rob got the truck but its had problems since day 1. I think the speakers are incorrectly wired somewhere behind the dash before the head unit or the rear third row speakers are still connected and that's causing a problem. I think ultimately I'll just get a 4 channel amp and some new speakers...maybe a sub so I can pretend I'm still in high school

Gotcha! I am willing to help depending on when. Hopefully it was wired with the correct harness and they didnt butcher the OEM wiring. If that is the case Crutchfield should have the right parts to get a new HU up and running

I'm down to help with it and I redid my system in the 100. All but running new speaker wire. Just gotta find a time that works.
The stereo is not. Its an Apline iLX-407 that was there when Rob got the truck but its had problems since day 1. I think the speakers are incorrectly wired somewhere behind the dash before the head unit or the rear third row speakers are still connected and that's causing a problem. I think ultimately I'll just get a 4 channel amp and some new speakers...maybe a sub so I can pretend I'm still in high school

I'm down to help with it and I redid my system in the 100. All but running new speaker wire. Just gotta find a time that works.

I feel you on that part...nothing worse than snaking wires though the inside of a car. I did a ton of stuff on my first car so I have everything other than the speakers, amp, etc already to do the work.

Between waiting on some parts, work travel, and some family obligations, I've been pretty stalled on the engine swap. My work truck crane connection is also slammed at the moment and has kinda gone dark on me. Anyone up for a little engine install help maybe weekend of May 4 / 5? @captainva could I dig out your hoist from the shed? I've got a leveler and chains hooked up and ready to go. I'll provide the cinco de mayo cervezas of course.

A friend from work has a BG brak flushing machine and a coolant flushing machine that he is letting me borrow next week. He is absolutely ok if other people use it. If we want to plan a work day at my place and do a bunch of coolant/brake flushing type work let me know. Perhaps discuss at next meeting.

Between waiting on some parts, work travel, and some family obligations, I've been pretty stalled on the engine swap. My work truck crane connection is also slammed at the moment and has kinda gone dark on me. Anyone up for a little engine install help maybe weekend of May 4 / 5? @captainva could I dig out your hoist from the shed? I've got a leveler and chains hooked up and ready to go. I'll provide the cinco de mayo cervezas of course.
I'd be happy to come help where I can.

I actually ended up cleaning it out the other day so you can get to it easily. Send me a text and we can coordinate

Let me see what I can do to make it, will you need a transmission jack?

A friend from work has a BG brak flushing machine and a coolant flushing machine that he is letting me borrow next week. He is absolutely ok if other people use it. If we want to plan a work day at my place and do a bunch of coolant/brake flushing type work let me know. Perhaps discuss at next meeting.
Great idea

Charles just let us know when and I am sure someone can help out

Charles just let us know when and I am sure someone can help out
Thanks guys! I am thinking Saturday late morning / early afternoon (or could do Sunday if that's better for folks). Coordinating with Ed to swing by and pick up his shop crane sometime this week I think.

@Beach80 if you can make it and bring the transmission jack, that'd be awesome. With a second set of hands I'm betting I could get the transfer case back on without it tho too, so no worries if you're tied up this weekend.

Well....this was exciting, driving on 295 north coming back from Quiton Virginia. Started to smell burning smell than instrument gauges started to bounce all over then gauges all died. Pumba hesitated for a moment, got off on exit for pole green road pulled into gas station. Found what looked like electrical wire splatter, smell was wonderful. Also found instrument cluster fuse blown. Unplugged connector at compressor clutch and replaced instrument cluster fuse. Everything seemed OK on the 40 minute ride home. It looks like clutch assembly can be replaced separately from compressor. Anyone done this?

Disclaimer: I haven't done any research yet.

20240429_180130.jpg

20240429_180522.jpg

Well....this was exciting, driving on 295 north coming back from Quiton Virginia. Started to smell burning smell than instrument gauges started to bounce all over then gauges all died. Pumba hesitated for a moment, got off on exit for pole green road pulled into gas station. Found what looked like electrical wire splatter, smell was wonderful. Also found instrument cluster fuse blown. Unplugged connector at compressor clutch and replaced instrument cluster fuse. Everything seemed OK on the 40 minute ride home. It looks like clutch assembly can be replaced separately from compressor. Anyone done this?

Disclaimer: I haven't done any research yet.

View attachment 3619959

View attachment 3619961
Just buy the whole compressor. It has age to it also. If you get the clutch from Toyota it comes in many pieces and does not come with the compressor. fwiw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom