Sill Wars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That must have been back in your Frat Daddy football player phase. :)

No, but close. I drove a '67 40 in college, sold it when I joined the Navy. Bought the '75 during my yuppie phase, then sold it and bought a Bronco 'cause I needed more kid hauling room, and air conditioning. So it was all my kid's fault. ;p

TGIF Update

Not much going on here. New running boards from Real Steel delivered yesterday. DS fender due today. Still on schedule for paint next week. Pics from this afternoon.

You gents have fun at Billy's. :beer::beer::beer:
FJ 40 Repairs 012.jpg
FJ 40 Repairs 013.jpg

I thought they had already painted it, but you were waiting on the running boards.

I thought they had already painted it, but you were waiting on the running boards.

The interior was painted last month. Exterior was scheduled for painting this week but the running boards and fender weren't delivered early enough. So as of 30 minutes ago, they're saying paint will be Monday or Tuesday.

It's only 1815. Why are you home and posting on a Friday? Did Billy run out of beer? :hmm:

Sea Knight said:
The interior was painted last month. Exterior was scheduled for painting this week but the running boards and fender weren't delivered early enough. So as of 30 minutes ago, they're saying paint will be Monday or Tuesday.

It's only 1815. Why are you home and posting on a Friday? Did Billy run out of beer? :hmm:

Ok so David bales for his son's overnight party and hooks me up up with Alan Wesley from Seattle (Josieslan^*#+={. Or something like that on MUD) and after Billy's it goes to Jorges and then Fonda for more Ritas and then my house for cigars and after dinner beverages. I'm posting on the Pad in bed and it's 0200; Lee just reporting that no one ran short on liquor: goodnight sir! You need to get back to the hood and reassume command. As you would say...that is all.

Awesome. I felt bad for bailing on you guys. Glad things worked out.

Ok so David bales for his son's overnight party and hooks me up up with Alan Wesley from Seattle (Josieslan^*#+={. Or something like that on MUD) and after Billy's it goes to Jorges and then Fonda for more Ritas and then my house for cigars and after dinner beverages. I'm posting on the Pad in bed and it's 0200; Lee just reporting that no one ran short on liquor: goodnight sir! You need to get back to the hood and reassume command. As you would say...that is all.

Epic evening, definitely consistent with the great WALCS tradition. Sorry I missed out. :cheers:

BTW, you should probably check to see if there's anyone passed out in your front yard. Wouldn't look good to the neighbors. ;)

Sea Knight said:
Epic evening, definitely consistent with the great WALCS tradition. Sorry I missed out. :cheers:

BTW, you should probably check to see if there's anyone passed out in your front yard. Wouldn't look good to the neighbors. ;)

They are used to it now

Sorry I had to miss out Kelly, making up for being out of town two weeks in a row and needing brownie points to make Big D next weekend ;)

Sounds like a good time ... you guys hit every bar on the way back to your place?

Tucker

tucker74 said:
Sorry I had to miss out Kelly, making up for being out of town two weeks in a row and needing brownie points to make Big D next weekend ;)

Sounds like a good time ... you guys hit every bar on the way back to your place?

Tucker

I had the ultimate pass with C out of town so we did out best!

Paint Prep

Prep completed at 1800 this evening. Sealer and paint first thing tomorrow morning.
FJ 40 Paint Prep 1.jpg
FJ 40 Paint Prep 2.jpg

Nice Lee can't wait to her in full color!

So why is the hood & front sides covered up?

Because the hood and aprons weren't damaged in the rollover and don't need painting.

Damn, makes me want to paint mine now!!! Lookin' good Lee

Damn, makes me want to paint mine now!!! Lookin' good Lee

Well you'd better get after it then, before the first Winter blizzard hits Austin. I can come tape it up for you, now that I'm a paint prep pro. ;)

Well you'd better get after it then, before the first Winter blizzard hits Austin. I can come tape it up for you, now that I'm a paint prep pro. ;)

You're a paint fluffer. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom