Signal issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
Trying to figure out why I have no signals or hazards. I've checked the fuses, but all the manuals make it look like my fuse panel might not be original (see pic). I have wipers so I assumed that turn signals were good fuse wise as well but that isn't true for every year truck (my fuse cover says that's the case though). When I hit the hazard switch I hear a click so I think the flasher module is good (really hope I don't have to figure out how to pull that thing, doesn't look easy to get back there).

So now I think it might be the flasher unit. Anyone know where that is on a 78 (Dec 77)? Any other ideas of what it might be? I've done a search and will keep looking, but nothing so far.

Thanks!
20150425_115413.jpg

Up and toward the firewall from your fuse block. It's mounted on the outboard side of the pedal mount.

Last edited:
Your pic didn't come through. Is it a silver box on the pedal mount? Ya, that's going to be a pain.

The pic works on my computer, I think it may need some time to load it all depends on your internet speed and computer RAM.

Your fuse box is correct for a '78 but it's not shown in the Toyota FSM and Haynes manuals.

Your picture might work on your computer but it doesn't show on our computers. You probably used an internal link.
You'll need to upload the picture from your computer to the forum or upload to a server and use a download link to post it here.

Rudi

Your fuse box is correct for a '78 but it's not shown in the Toyota FSM and Haynes manuals.

Your picture might work on your computer but it doesn't show on our computers. You probably used an internal link.
You'll need to upload the picture from your computer to the forum or upload to a server and use a download link to post it here.

Rudi
Thanks Rudi. I'll list the fuse order on my cover when I get home just to double check.

Yup grounds seem to be the culprit on most issues. I had all kinds of electrical issues until I cleaned up my grounds.

Look at other posts the pros on here will tell you to make sure all your grounds are good. Clean off old paint/rust/corrosion. Have good clean metal to clean metal contact.

Thanks Rudi. I'll list the fuse order on my cover when I get home just to double check.
Your cover should look like this
fuse panel cover_text.JPG

Rudi

That's it. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom