?Side glass question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are all of the middle years, side glass the same size? I have a 76 needing side glass as it was smashed out the day I bought it and I have two TEQ branded side glass out of a parts lot I grabbed up. The glass is bigger than the opening when I hold it up to the opening. SOR lists glass and seals for years 65-69, 69-71 and 71-76 are these different sizes? I had no idea there was so many as they look the same? So maybe I have the wrong year?

Not sure what changed in 3/69 to the side glass but 7/71 the weatherstripping changed to no longer use a key on the side/corner/back glass. The windows were not as flush and earlier models and believe it's slightly larger. 8/76 the vent window was added and the glass shape changed with it being shorter. You need one from 7/71 to 8/76 (72-76 models). Have you checked to see if the window glass is still available from the dealer? SOR shows it still available from them. American Toyota where CDan works is not that far from you. Most Toyota dealers do not want to ship glass. I converted a 73 top to a vent window top back in the eighties. I thought a glass company just cut my side windows down. I was told it's safety glass and would just shatter. Checked the dealer and at that time each side was less then eighteen dollars. Not looking to ship glass but still have glass/weatherstripping I removed. Always wanted to visit Santa Fe but don't see it happening anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom