Should we try for a meet up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grench

SILVER Star
Threads
Meet up at Mahoney! Noon on Oct 16

The spring before last we had a small gathering at Mahoney state park.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ne-flat-la...lincoln-ne-area-80s-owners-3.html#post5506607
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ne-flat-la...lincoln-ne-area-80s-owners-3.html#post5506640

Resulting in a good showing from the 80s side.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/ne-flat-la...lincoln-ne-area-80s-owners-3.html#post5536942

Is there interest in doing something like this inside the next two months? I think we should open it up to all cruisers and see what we get.

If there is interest, I'll bring the hot dogs and a portable grill.

So - Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Yes I am!

I have to take the 80 to the shop I am having electrical issues right now. Got me a Sears Die Hard Platinum Groupl 34 battery and now I have nothing after purchasing an "extend a cable deal" Not really sure what is going on.

I saw that I missed the 4X Fest in Lincoln on Aug. 20th I kind of wanted to make that.

Sunday October 16th would work for me I am all ready going to be in Omaha for a wedding that weekend.

Yes I am!
OK - lets start picking a date then. September 23 weekend is bad for me, otherwise anything in September or October would work. You?

I have to take the 80 to the shop I am having electrical issues right now. Got me a Sears Die Hard Platinum Groupl 34 battery and now I have nothing after purchasing an "extend a cable deal" Not really sure what is going on.
Are you 100% certain it didn't get installed backwards at some point? It is a common mistake since 'normal' batteries are opposite the 80's pole layout.

I saw that I missed the 4X Fest in Lincoln on Aug. 20th I kind of wanted to make that.
I didn't hear about it this year until the week after. We need to get re-plugged into the information stream on those. Maybe get on a CORA events email list?

Sunday October 16th would work for me I am all ready going to be in Omaha for a wedding that weekend.
That would work for me. Should we stick with the same spot?

Are you 100% certain it didn't get installed backwards at some point? It is a common mistake since 'normal' batteries are opposite the 80's pole layout.

Yeah I double and triple checked all of that. I have gone over it for a week and a half with whatever spare time I could find.

I didn't hear about it this year until the week after. We need to get re-plugged into the information stream on those. Maybe get on a CORA events email list?

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't check in enough on Nebraska 4x4.org to follow to closely... I see they have this event going on this weekend: "Jeep The Leap" Broken Arrow Wilderness 2011

I also see they are trying to do a trip in Sheilds KS??? Can't find it on the map but here is the link: http://www.nebraska4x4.org/index.php?topic=803.0

Same spot would be all right with me unless someone else has a good idea? I know there are not a whole of Western Nebraska people on here but there is a little campsite just of the interstate at Grand Island that isn't to bad of a spot. But since I have the feeling that I would be the only one coming out west of Lincoln Mahoney works good.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, another Omahan here... I put a deposit down on a '96 LX in Grand Island from another 'Mud member. Hopefully I can get my Tahoe sold in a hurry so I can go get the FZJ! Anyway, if I can get the LX in time for your meet up I'd join in!

I also have met Aaron, corn man, and test drove the LX that he is helping to sell. Aaron was a great guy, lots of help and insight for my first 80 purchase!

If you guys know anyone looking for a Tahoe let me know! It's a fairly loaded '07 in fantastic shape. I have it in the 'Mud classifieds, Craigslist, Autotrader, and on a couple Chevy boards.

Sent from my HTC Evo using IH8MUD

Yeah I double and triple checked all of that. I have gone over it for a week and a half with whatever spare time I could find.

What were the symptoms before you swapped the battery? I.e. why did you swap the battery in the first place? Wondering if there are other symptoms that aren't showing up now.

No electrical power anywhere then? Nothing at the fuse box on top of the fender? At that point I'd suspect the fusible links. Should be easy enough to check - disconnect the + from the battery and check continuity from the battery lead to the fuse box there?

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't check in enough on Nebraska 4x4.org to follow to closely... I see they have this event going on this weekend: "Jeep The Leap" Broken Arrow Wilderness 2011

I also see they are trying to do a trip in Sheilds KS??? Can't find it on the map but here is the link: Cathouse recreation area. near shields, ks. great place to learn

Same spot would be all right with me unless someone else has a good idea? I know there are not a whole of Western Nebraska people on here but there is a little campsite just of the interstate at Grand Island that isn't to bad of a spot. But since I have the feeling that I would be the only one coming out west of Lincoln Mahoney works good.

OK - so, unless someone can come up with a compelling reason to move it:

Flat Land Cruisers Lunch, Chat, Learn and Play
All Toyota 4x4 owners and wanna be owners welcome!
Sunday October 16th
Mahoney State Park
Same spot as we had last time - in the parking lot between the water park and the theater and outdoor playground.
Kids encouraged. We're right next to a big playground.
Dogs welcome - park regulations require a leash.

Grench: Portable grill, hot dogs for everyone, buns, dog fixin's and paper plates.

Everyone please RSVP on this thread if you're coming so we know how many to expect. If you're going to bring something to share on the food table (pot luck style), mention it too. (Not required to bring anything - it's OK - don't panic.)

Now - since we have our own little club area... we should probably figure out some way to advertise this a bit in the other sections without being rude about it. Any ideas?

Grench

Hey fellas, another Omahan here... I put a deposit down on a '96 LX in Grand Island from another 'Mud member. Hopefully I can get my Tahoe sold in a hurry so I can go get the FZJ! Anyway, if I can get the LX in time for your meet up I'd join in!

You're welcome to show up even if you don't have it in time. Just park the Tahoe over away from the Landcruiser lineup so we can get good pictures :grinpimp:.

Just bringing the map in from the other thread so we all know where we're going:

attachment.php

Put me down for 1. :princess: and I have two different weddings the same weekend so I will be in Omaha Thursday night for reheearsal and doing wedding things Friday and Saturday and will plan on being at Mahoney on Sunday. Excited to show up and show off the new mods!

Not to hi-jack the thread I ended up taking it to a great little mechanical shop here in Lexington. I guess there was an electrical short in a wire, they said I never would have found it. It is up and running now. I replaced the old batter because it was dead. Hi-Jack over.

What were the symptoms before you swapped the battery? I.e. why did you swap the battery in the first place? Wondering if there are other symptoms that aren't showing up now.

No electrical power anywhere then? Nothing at the fuse box on top of the fender? At that point I'd suspect the fusible links. Should be easy enough to check - disconnect the + from the battery and check continuity from the battery lead to the fuse box there?

I am planning on bringing my 80 with me, wife wasn't happen because it doesn't get the best gas mileage out of our fleet. But I would have been bringing the LX with me if I wasn't driving the 80 :meh:.

I hope we can get a great turn out for this trip. I have compiled a list of Toyoto Owners & non-owners on the website I will try and shoot a PM out to everyone.

Also if we would maybe want to try and get everyones email address that way we could communicate that way that sometimes helps. If you want to email me at jeremy.roberts.sg5z@hotmail.com I could compile the list and then send it out to everyone. Please include name, mud name.

Last edited:
NE members on Mud

Jrob80 - Lexington
Grench - Omaha
Ivan80 - Omaha
BADM -Omaha
corn man - Lincoln
Chapman - Lincoln
Folsom50 - Minden
GaryinNE - Kearney
Valiant1974 - Norfolk
jbob56 - Omaha
eternaladdictions
HI^C - Omaha
ne715
LOfi
rdye
pcweber
80wannabe
hodag
Milkwagon
solomrus
thsorens
Dan_J-spec_fj62 - Japan
91Crusher
DSRTRDR - All Over
Jeff
2 E L O - Omaha
Omahawk - Omaha
gretzky - Springfield
Buffalo Bill
sonofshin - Omaha
Dula - Omaha
fifthcircle - Lincoln

Last edited:
Let me check the boss's calendar before committing. Weddings, birthdays, the regular circus.... Weather should be nice! Also met a new guy who has owned a 40 for a long time and rebuilt it from the ground up. I'll let him know about it as well. Still the 16th right? Currently Sundays are my only hope.

Grench, still have the seat cushion for you from Aaron. Hopefully I can get it to you before then!

I am planning on bringing my 80 with me, wife wasn't happen because it doesn't get the best gas mileage out of our fleet. But I would have been bringing the LX with me if I wasn't driving the 80 :meh:.
The $ difference in gas mileage between the Camry and your FZJ80 is an entertainment expense.

I hope we can get a great turn out for this trip. I have compiled a list of Toyoto Owners & non-owners on the website I will try and shoot a PM out to everyone.
If you have the time to PM all of us - go for it.

This is only the 2nd time we've tried to hold a gathering - the first time was what? 18 months ago? Lets do what we need to to let everyone know that it's happening without being annoying about it.

Grench

Let me check the boss's calendar before committing. Weddings, birthdays, the regular circus.... Weather should be nice! Also met a new guy who has owned a 40 for a long time and rebuilt it from the ground up. I'll let him know about it as well. Still the 16th right? Currently Sundays are my only hope.
Sounds good. We should probably let the non-MUD people we know in on it too.

Grench, still have the seat cushion for you from Aaron. Hopefully I can get it to you before then!
No worries - I haven't had time to breathe lately let alone do anything about my seats.

Hey this sounds fun. Count me in. I'll pass this on to a couple other 40 series owners in Lincoln.

If anybody needs a 80, there is one in front of my house I would love to get rid of.

Got it on the calendar...Grench glad to see you come up for air!

AC

I should be able to make it.

I'll bring cookies.

Last edited:
I'm picking up my "new" 80 series tonight!!! And we just happen to be free on the 16th so the :princess: and I will plan on joining in the meet up!

It doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned it, so we can bring a bunch of potato salad and macaroni salad for everyone...

I'm picking up my "new" 80 series tonight!!! And we just happen to be free on the 16th so the :princess: and I will plan on joining in the meet up!

It doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned it, so we can bring a bunch of potato salad and macaroni salad for everyone...

Congrats I saw that you sold your Tahoe in the classifieds section.

Looks like this is shapping up nicely the more the merrier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom