Shorty questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't understood the diaper and lawn chair crowd (car show crowd) that worry about how well a 4x4 is painted... that it's one color is a bonus, how you painted it (or how it was painted) really should never enter into the language of a FJ40 owner... but it does, and I'm sure what I just said will not gain me any friends in the diaper crowd... though I have wondered (out loud) at whether or not the diaper polisher will have enough to get him home... but I'm a bastard, so I wonder those things a loud.

It'll dry hard, be somewhat resistant to corrosion and I can buy the same paint in pressure packs at any hardware store in Australia.
The body it rust free but far from straight, this paint job is perfect.

I have this:

and there are two groups of Corvette owners - and they hate each other - one group races the tires off their cars; the other gets all persnickety if use you anything that GM didn't originally install on the car. I'm not in the second group. I paint mine because I've learned that having multi-color cars gets too much attention from the police - ironically, it's the diaper-polishing-car-show people that make police look less at my car (they're an utter snail in stock form)... so I've actually mellowed with age, I'll paint my cars one color... but in the end (to me) paint is to keep the rust worms away and the more craptastic the car; the better (I wish I still had a picture of my 75 Chevy short-bed - it screamed "I'm an axe murderer and I don't have insurance" cars would literally pull to the shoulder to get out of my way :) )

Spray cans, instead of through HVLP spray gun system. Rattle can is a another way to say it

I have this:

and there are two groups of Corvette owners - and they hate each other - one group races the tires off their cars; the other gets all persnickety if use you anything that GM didn't originally install on the car. I'm not in the second group. I paint mine because I've learned that having multi-color cars gets too much attention from the police - ironically, it's the diaper-polishing-car-show people that make police look less at my car (they're an utter snail in stock form)... so I've actually mellowed with age, I'll paint my cars one color... but in the end (to me) paint is to keep the rust worms away and the more craptastic the car; the better (I wish I still had a picture of my 75 Chevy short-bed - it screamed "I'm an axe murderer and I don't have insurance" cars would literally pull to the shoulder to get out of my way :) )
Nice vette, I am really digging the header to straight side pipe, like the old cobras!

I don't understood the diaper and lawn chair crowd (car show crowd) that worry about how well a 4x4 is painted... that it's one color is a bonus, how you painted it (or how it was painted) really should never enter into the language of a FJ40 owner... but it does, and I'm sure what I just said will not gain me any friends in the diaper crowd... though I have wondered (out loud) at whether or not the diaper polisher will have enough to get him home... but I'm a bastard, so I wonder those things a loud.
And you can't really get the best paint job from rattle can, it can never be a true 2 part so it will be softer and more susceptible to abrasion and fading.... But I would roll paint, so don't listen to me... Like SBG said, as long as its one colour

I have this:

Daiper and lawn chair??? like kids and all looks no go?

Nice vette, I am really digging the header to straight side pipe, like the old cobras!
Best part of the car - no stereo, no power steering, 4 speed, radical cam'd, no power brakes, race suspension (no travel in the suspension).... but it is, by far and away, the most fun car I've ever driven despite being the slowest, most uncomfortable, most unmanageable car I've ever owned.

and there are actually, muffling devices inside those tubes - they look like glass packs or cherry bombs.... then don't muffle as they change the sound from loud to glorious.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410676160.101206.jpg

Man I wish we got options like that!

Get any and all LX parts. We cant get them over on this side of the pond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom