Seatbelt overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Midfat,

(I really could have used that information a week ago.)

what can I say...... be certain of what you need, know your PN, do your research, always check your preferred vendors AND online resources:
Amayama: Genuine Japanese Car Part Imports - Amayama Trading Co.,
PartSouq: LAND CRUISER 80 | Toyota | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World
TRD Shop: TRDShop.com | Genuine Toyota OEM and Aftermarket Parts & Accessories (especially for the Tacos and Tundras .... but they often have good sales for the others...)

and more and more

Toyota Parts Direct: Discount OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories - ToyotaPartsDirect.com

Note: I have no affiliation with any of the above (however ...I ... kind of.... helped a bit the TPD with their parts catalog....)

regards,

Hey Midfat,

what can I say...... be certain of what you need, know your PN, do your research, always check your preferred vendors AND online resources:
Amayama: Genuine Japanese Car Part Imports - Amayama Trading Co.,
PartSouq: LAND CRUISER 80 | Toyota | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World
TRD Shop: TRDShop.com | Genuine Toyota OEM and Aftermarket Parts & Accessories (especially for the Tacos and Tundras .... but they often have good sales for the others...)

and more and more

Toyota Parts Direct: Discount OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories - ToyotaPartsDirect.com

Note: I have no affiliation with any of the above (however ...I ... kind of.... helped a bit the TPD with their parts catalog....)

regards,
That right there should be a sticky! A running directory of parts resources. Thanks.

Hi,

good to know....however, $260 is a bit on the waaaaayyyy upper side.... especially when OEM brand new are available at TPD (Toyota Parts Direct) for 167.76 CAD .....that's canadian pesos....., that's like 125 USD !!!!!

please see here: #7322060062E0: Toyota. BELT ASSEMBLY, FRONT SEAT OUTER, LEFT. SABLE.

Online part source may not have most up to date info, some do, when you order they will tell you NLA and parts may be superceded with other parts number and color.
7322060062E0 has been discontinued by Toyota for sometimes now NLA replaced by the grey belt. Wish it is still available and I will stock it and offer mud member with great pricing. Most of the tan color interior piece are gone for good. :bang: The 100 series driver tan seat belt has been discontinued as well!

Last edited:
Does anyone dye belts? Can you get the grey and just dye it the Oak color?

Just get one from a PASSENGER side in OAK (Used), disassemble, clean it, wind the retractor (3) extra turns and install into the DS retractor.

That's what I did. Easy, works great!

I take the belt off and toss it in the washing machine with the jeans load, then lay it out on the floor to dry, works great.

I've cleaned up old seatbelts in the past by pulling them out and holding them out with a chip bag clip, then soak and agitate them in a pail with warm water and oxyclean or something similar. It won't fix actual wear, obviously, but they come pretty clean and it's a huge improvement over grungy used webbing.

I've also purchased new OEM for less than your re-webbing, but my interior is grey so that's still an option for me.

The webbing and buckle from 1994-1996 (maybe others too) Camry's is dead on the same with oak interior cruiser with tons of them in junkyards they are cheap and easy to source. Passenger sides are typically mint condition.

Oak Seat Belt Replacement

The webbing and buckle from 1994-1996 (maybe others too) Camry's is dead on the same with oak interior cruiser with tons of them in junkyards they are cheap and easy to source. Passenger sides are typically mint condition.

Oak Seat Belt Replacement

Not sure where you are, byt

But there are no 94-96 Camrys in salvage yards at all in the Kansas city area.

Tons in AZ, buyt pick an pull yards are pretty plentiful here still, not sure in other markets.
Expand your search on ebay?
quick check shows 91 options for 1996 camry seat belt, sure got to be fronts in there.
1996 camry seat belt | eBay

Used Safety Restore for my belts. 75 to replace the webbing and 65 to rebuild the retractors. Pretty damn close match on the color. 24 hour turn around.

I screwed up when I ordered. What I should have done was have the DS webbing replaced and the retractor rebuilt and just had the retractors rebuilt on the other 3. Totally my fault, I had the all the webbing redone and just sent th fronts back for the retractor rebuild. I'll let you know what the how the rebuilds come out.

I rewound the rear retractors. Improved, not as new but improved. For the life of me I could not get the fronts to rewind once I removed the belts. So I was already into them for 75 each. WTH.

Got the fronts back from Safety Restore. They have awesome turn around. Sent the belts Saturday Priority USPS had them back on Thursday. One thing I realized is that these belts will never retract like the belts in my wife's 2014 Infinity. The result are great. The work as new but that's 1996 new. LOL I'll snap some pictures of the webbing and post them. They have a 2 for 100 going on right now.

I pulled mine out many moons ago and washed them in warm water, then soaked them in Downy fabric softener...then rinsed them very well until there was no fabric softener remaining in the webbing. Let them dry, reinstalled and they worked much better. Did not think to blow out the retractors. Might do this again as they are beginning to feel a bit stiff again. The new webbing sounds great, but a bit higher in cost than I would have anticipated. I would have thought $50-75 each. Great read though...thanks!!

I believe the new OEM units are only available in gray, though. That doesn't help those of us with brown interior...

Seat Belt Planet Color Swatches. Second pic shows Charcoal against faded front and better-shape 2nd row oem belts. They do offer various retractor options, but not for the 80 because of low demand. (That could change if demand goes up.) So you're looking at having them reweb your oem retractors. In most cases, that will do the trick. Can't hurt to pull the belts to max extension and clean with Q-tips before sending...

Seat Belt Planet - Color Swatches 01.jpg

Seat Belt Planet - Color Swatches 01.jpg
Seat Belt Planet - Color Swatches CHARCOAL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom