SAS SAS #8 Official Page 08/05/2024-08/09/2024 (7 Viewers)

Vote for this years color for shirts and trail flags

• • Sky Blue

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • • Pollux Orange (vote for this please)

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • • Capri Blue

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fun fact @RevISK , you can hook up to four cameras to the unit.

I just ordered two. One for the back, and one for an approach camera on the front.

That's really cool.

I'm curious how the weather portion of it works. I'm not sure I have a use for the Inreach functions outside of that. In the early stages of planning a trip to Alaska possibly in 2026, some of those features might be worth the subscription there
Just looked into the camera thing. That is really cool. So if the reverse one activates via the reverse lights, how do you plan to power the front one?

I could definitely see a use for obstacle spotting. Go all out and have side cameras as well.

Just looked into the camera thing. That is really cool. So if the reverse one activates via the reverse lights, how do you plan to power the front one?

I could definitely see a use for obstacle spotting. Go all out and have side cameras as well.

Switch in the console for the front one.
I made my own upfitter switches with six circuits on switches that have fused power sources on relays. I'm currently using three out of the six circuits.

The remaining unused three have capped Deutsch connectors just waiting to plug something in.
I was going to use one for accessory power for the trailer, one for side lighting if I can ever figure out what I want in that department, that'd leave one that can trigger that camera.

What I haven't found is whether the camera needs a constant power and a trigger power

Switch in the console for the front one.
I made my own upfitter switches with six circuits on switches that have fused power sources on relays. I'm currently using three out of the six circuits.

The remaining unused three have capped Deutsch connectors just waiting to plug something in.
I was going to use one for accessory power for the trailer, one for side lighting if I can ever figure out what I want in that department, that'd leave one that can trigger that camera.

What I haven't found is whether the camera needs a constant power and a trigger power
Sounds like a cool setup, may have to pick your brain more on that. Stuff like that isn’t really in my wheelhouse yet.

I thought, again, not my forte, that the clue about being triggered by the reverse lights meant that it only needed that and probably a ground?

Fun fact @RevISK , you can hook up to four cameras to the unit.

I just ordered two. One for the back, and one for an approach camera on the front.

That's really cool.

I'm curious how the weather portion of it works. I'm not sure I have a use for the Inreach functions outside of that. In the early stages of planning a trip to Alaska possibly in 2026, some of those features might be worth the subscription there
Approach camera ? I tired one once it didn't work.. Drive off the side of a mountain like the rest of us

312705809_10222060009272427_3923081854789169497_n.jpg

Approach camera ? I tired one once it didn't work.. Drive off the side of a mountain like the rest of us

View attachment 3589919

I was thinking it'd be nice in the times cresting a hill or something when you have zero clue what is on the other side and you've got nothing but hood and sky out the front window.

Sounds like a cool setup, may have to pick your brain more on that. Stuff like that isn’t really in my wheelhouse yet.

I thought, again, not my forte, that the clue about being triggered by the reverse lights meant that it only needed that and probably a ground?

I think it's just a two wire connection. I'm hoping it is. That'd simplify a bunch of things anyways. Garmin's website is shockingly good in some areas, a little gray in others.

I was thinking it'd be nice in the times cresting a hill or something when you have zero clue what is on the other side and you've got nothing but hood and sky out the front window.

I think it's just a two wire connection. I'm hoping it is. That'd simplify a bunch of things anyways. Garmin's website is shockingly good in some areas, a little gray in others.
That takes all the fun out if it. There just a certain thrill that makes you know your really alive ,cresting a hill and not knowing whats there hahaha.

That takes all the fun out if it. There just a certain thrill that makes you know your really alive ,cresting a hill and not knowing whats there hahaha.
You don't even need to be cresting a hill. When I was in college my roommate and I were watching TV in our apartment one night when we heard a knocking at our door. When we opened the door four of our friends were there, looking pretty rough - dirty, bent frame on eyeglasses, etc. It turns out they were out cruising one of the desert roads near the base of the Organ Mountains at a pretty good clip - in the dark - when they came up on a new dirt road that was cut perpendicular to the old one. Well, after they flew off the embankment and crashed onto the new road below, they figured they better get some help. We happened to live closest, within the shortest walking distance - on the east edge of town just across the street from the desert. They were lucky they weren't hurt, just knocked around a bit.

I’ve been working on mine since a couple months after SAS7. : )
1711568613906.png
Donor
1711568715592.png

Recipient
1711568864627.png

1711568941849.png

My friends were calling me lowrider Larry at the lone star Land Cruiser roundup because I hadn’t had time to install my lift. I was thankful for white knuckle sliders.

Damn you Karl... to everyone else procrastinate now, don't put it off!

(I'm still ordering parts - at this rate completion by June would be a dream)

I’m still on the list but planning as if I’ll get a spot.
By planning I mean remember how much of a pile my 40 was in high school and how I drove it everywhere without a care and it never boned me.
Norman is a finished product compared to that one. Sure she leaks (has fluid) and has some holes (air conditioning) but she’s got new shoes and doesn’t burn (too much) oil.

We shall see…

I get it, but I want a badge dammit!

I’ll be doing a couple runs earlier in the summer with my cousin who’s out of Durango. Did Imogen a couple years ago, him in his modded 1st gen 4Runner and me and my family in my Tundra which was a stock TSS setup at the time. Let’s just say he waited a lot for us. It was loads of fun (for me).

Everyone is fixing their rigs and I'm busy undoing all my hard work. I smacked my passenger side mirror with the car wash brush yesterday and cracked it right at the elbow. I don't think I've had them on for a year. I have the worst luck with mirrors. The last one I dropped the glass out of going into St. Elmo.... 😩

Find A KOA

Ways to Stay

MEET YOUR NEW HOST​

OURAY KOA​

mail

Welcome to Jeff Smiddy!

Jeff was introduced to camping as a kid and carried on the tradition with his wife, Sara, and their children. In 2019, the Smiddys sold everything they owned, bought an RV, and started full-time RVing in January 2020.

Jeff worked at Ouray KOA for the 2022 season and then traveled to Sugarloaf Key/Key West KOA Resort before coming back to Ouray KOA as the assistant general manager. He's excited to be moving into the General Manager position after starting his KOA journey as a Work Kamper in maintenance/grounds and the Maintenance Supervisor.

Jeff and his family are excited to take on the adventure in Ouray. When he's not working as the general manager, you'll find him enjoying a game of pickleball or exploring the national forests in the area.

Book your next adventure to Ouray KOA!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom