Sandwiches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Lets see your sandwich creations...

Here is my "Spanglish" rendition..

Smoked ham, fried egg, butter lettuce, tomato, smoked gruyere on some sourdough the :princess: made while I was off picking up the new cruiser with an olive oil and cracked pepper mayo.

Oh, and a beer..... OF COURSE!

:cheers:

J

P1030135.jpg

P1030136.jpg

P1030137.jpg

P1030138.jpg

P1030141.jpg

I'd eat it :)

Hmmm...no pics but made one of favorite sandwiches, the Cuban, from leftover spit roasted pork loin, the other night.

Too damn bad real delis went by the wayside 20-30 years ago...no accounting for the popularity of the s*** sandwich industry that's taken over... :rolleyes:

Exactly, I miss Pittsburgh, PA.. Good sandwich/deli shops and the all famous Primanti Bros..

The cuban is one of my favorite "go to" sandwiches.

There is a soup and sandwich shop in Billings, MT that is the BOMB too.. ate there many times during a turnaround at the CoP refinery..

Lets see em guys.. post up...

J

I've always liked the corned beef sandwiches you can get at Jewish Deli's

corned beef.JPG

Not Quite a Reuben

Ok...I'll play.

Tonight's dinner fare. Thinly sliced left over smoked tri-tip from last weekend + fresh kraut + homemade 1000 island dressing + swiss + ciabatta = what you see.

Not a reuben...but no leftovers :)

Not Quite a Reuben Sandwich.jpg

No pictures but we make a decent Ruben at my place.
I made some for lunch a couple of weeks ago with my home made sauerkraut, killer! If you have never made Kraut, get a half gallon jar, a head of cabbage and some kosher salt and give it a try. Recipes are all over the interwebs, all super easy. The end product is like nothing you have ever had before.

It's also worth the time to make your own Thousand island dressing.

Please don't describe things like that late at night , now my mouth is watering.

You get avocados in WY? :D

At least you know the correct way to make an egg salad sammich; on Wonder bread with lots of black pepper.

Certain sammiches just must be made on Wonder bread, egg salad is one.

At least you know the correct way to make an egg salad sammich; on Wonder bread with lots of black pepper.

Certain sammiches just must be made on Wonder bread, egg salad is one.

Wonder bread where? I haven't seen it in my local grocery since Hostess went under.. (small town issue maybe) ... This was Sara Lee white.

I do however miss the color coded twist ties that let me know what day my bread was made though. :)

J

Wonder bread where? I haven't seen it in my local grocery since Hostess went under.. (small town issue maybe) ... This was Sara Lee white.

I do however miss the color coded twist ties that let me know what day my bread was made though. :)

J

I do know that all the bread in the stores in my area , have the little plastic push on tabs thingies , and the later the date the fresher , and the freshest is way in the back row.

Today for lunch.

Leftover sliced prime rib + Beeler's bacon + aged provolone + fresh kraut + homemade 1000 island + Dave's Killer whole grain bread = Mmmm mmmm good leftovers :)

grilled prime rib sammich.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom