Rivian R1T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pura Vida

What an absolute noob
Threads

Looks like a fun camper if you have some money to spend on a new toy. has some cool camping options like a pop out kitchen that stows away in between the cab and the bed, optional RTT that goes in the bed on a rack, standard bed cover, optional electric bed cover, air compressor, charger ports, easily accessible full size spare, lots of cargo room, tow hooks......more stuff probably

Obviously its a first year vehicle by a new car manufacturer, but ignoring the obvious comments about questionable reliability and such, what are your thoughts? seems like a fun truck to me. Definitely has a lot of hype, and I am optimistic, but it looks cool and pretty nice. Definitely has unique options.

I have been following them for a few years now. They are the first to market with a production electric truck, beating out Tesla and the big 3. Amazon still plans to buy 100K delivery vehicles from them so that also gives them some financial legs to stand on.

The price is steep, but the capability is pretty cool. 11K towing capacity, onboard air, and 36" fording ability are pretty impressive for luxury truck. I love the gear tunnel concept though the $5K kitchen option is a bit pricey. They also offer a full length sliding storage tray (slides out either side) to give easy access to gear tunnel storage.

From what I hear (friends in the auto industry) their sales model will be a challenge. They want to be a "one stop shop" and sell, service, and provide insurance direct to the customer.

I'm looking forward to driving one.

I have been following them for a few years now. They are the first to market with a production electric truck, beating out Tesla and the big 3. Amazon still plans to buy 100K delivery vehicles from them so that also gives them some financial legs to stand on.

The price is steep, but the capability is pretty cool. 11K towing capacity, onboard air, and 36" fording ability are pretty impressive for luxury truck. I love the gear tunnel concept though the $5K kitchen option is a bit pricey. They also offer a full length sliding storage tray (slides out either side) to give easy access to gear tunnel storage.

I'm looking forward to driving one.
Don’t forget that it comes standard with a more premium interior, lots of tech and it has 7500 dollars subtracted from federal benefit. The Ford or Tesla have a lot of the things as options that this comes with standard

Standard 4 motors, multiple cameras and sensors and tech and stuff that is on the base model. Looks sick, still expensive

I really want to drive one, but have no interest in owning one (don't need a pickup). Maybe the R1S will be the ticket...

All that tech and no CarPlay or Android Auto. But, there's a good reason for that. Plus, they figured out its not worth the hassle.

I really want to drive one, but have no interest in owning one (don't need a pickup). Maybe the R1S will be the ticket...

All that tech and no CarPlay or Android Auto. But, there's a good reason for that. Plus, they figured out its not worth the hassle.
I only use CarPlay for google maps so it’s not a big deal. It looks like it comes with a good map and tech that should adequately replace its function

Review sounds awesome, but I will never spend (half) that much for a vehicle. Maybe I'll get one in 10 years.

I only use CarPlay for google maps so it’s not a big deal. It looks like it comes with a good map and tech that should adequately replace its function
As I understand it, their intent is to not even engage with using a phone as a source, they are building their own which will eventually get pushed out as a OTA upgrade. Makes sense. I have a friend that has a Polestar and the Google integration is flawless, works really well.

As I understand it, their intent is to not even engage with using a phone as a source, they are building their own which will eventually get pushed out as a OTA upgrade. Makes sense. I have a friend that has a Polestar and the Google integration is flawless, works really well.
Funny how Toyota went the opposite; at least with with the eTune3 in the 2020/2021 Tacomas, unless you get the JBL model.

I’m confused how electric cars are the future and how most cost more than the average annual income of a family of four.
Cheaper than a new land cruiser or LX

I’m confused how electric cars are the future and how most cost more than the average annual income of a family of four.
Some of us remember when cell phones were only for the uber-rich.

I don’t recall the government telling me I can’t have a landline in 10 years or giving tax subsidies to smartphone users either. The market kind of took care of that.
3Vv2G6v.png

But you see a smart phone does everything better.

An electric car is not better than an internal combustion engine vehicle unless someone is telling you you’re not allowed to buy gasoline anymore or it’s bad for mother nature or some other BS.

Also, today we’re having a shortage of microprocessors.

You can build an internal combustion vehicle with zero microprocessors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom