Reputable Shops/ Services (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have any experience with SWAT 4x4. I spoke with him on the phone and he sounded very knowledgeable. Not much on the internet but a few of the local shops in Langley recommended him for Landcruiser work.

I second Frank at Strut-Wise, he's an old school type of guy that has likelyforgotten more than the rest of us knows. Great quality work and good prices. He did my rear hatch struts and they still hold perfectly, and that was 5-6 years ago.

Yeah got them back a few weeks ago and my back hatch flies up now, I actually gotta put muscle into it to close it!

Does anyone have any experience with SWAT 4x4. I spoke with him on the phone and he sounded very knowledgeable. Not much on the internet but a few of the local shops in Langley recommended him for Landcruiser work.

Not sure about SWAT, but the general consensus around here is that there are Land Cruiser only shops (more or less) around town/ VI. If your taking your LC for repair or restoration, a shop with shelves full of new and used parts seems better to me, especially if your speaking about your BJ42.

TCS in langley. Steve shop managers name....built an extreme TC for my A440f, which included extreme-duty linings/clutches and turning the fins 25degress clockwise to increase pump-pressure for fluid. Now my hj61' a440f no longer "searches" @ 60Kmph. and no shudder+excellent temps. Oh yeah, all for under $700.CAD!
Norm at Mainland Transmission re/re'd my a440f, they also look after our construction fleet vehicles. They know they're tranny's and rearends.

ok i will bite going to call mainland tommorow ,i have talked with tcs and yes seems straight up about the t/c hopefully mainland thinks it might work big bonus if it does, i am thinking that the t/c is the only upgrade these things need for flow before they glaze the the whole thing .without slagging anybody kind of like the turbo upgrade better if its local is my thinking. thanks for your post

Hey, only call them if your tranny is "acting-up". I went that route to get my tranny built because the last tranny flush i did, revealed green clutch linings in the pan,even with the wholesale EVB. My 3rd/2nd gear clutches and steelies were toast once it was all apart. Apparently thats common on these a440's. After numerous phone-calls/research i found out that the TC is the culprit! The A440/A442 toyota trannys all need a Heavy-duty torque-converter, and the "sandwich-plate" in the VB drilled for more flow and different springs in them. The best part is, you can get all that done localy, from the right guys, instead of paying those ridiculous aussie prices+down time+labour they would never pay for.

your saying the vavle body can be reworked locally? now this is getting good, where? cause i have talked to alot of guys and they dont know of any . this is info that almost every cruiser guy would jump on i would think . i did talk to norm and a test drive he is going to check parts availability first up .but it is not the 700 fix but his logic i like . would like to here about your v/b guy before i commit though , thanks

this is good! keep us posted!

Country Tire Abbotsford

Troy is the O/O of Country Tires - Abbotsford, Mission, Fraser Valley Tires and Wheel Expert in Abbotsford. I've known him for years. He use to coach my girl's soccer team. Before buying his own tire shop, he worked at Kal Tire in Abbotsford and then did fleet sales for them in Langley. He knows his tires, is honest and fairly priced. If you need tires, new or used, I'd recommend him. He also does balancing and flat repairs.

Went to Disturbed Industries in Abby yesterday, they've moved to new digs, and subsequently and understandably raised his rates. Same good work, just make sure you aren't surprised by the new labour rate.

Fraser Brake and Muffler did a nice job on my exhaust today.

Inlet Marine at Reed Point Marina... Recommended by the sailor himself!

Went in there to get some Finning Oil Analysis Kits for oil and the guy was super helpful... They also have the Stanadyne Lubricity in the 1-2l jugs... I rather give them the business than pay out the ass at Lordco lol

ATEB

Interesting crew that just goes the extra mile.

Just recently had a 3" exhaust and 3-1 gauge installed for my hj61

John put the gauge into one of the middle dash vents, plugged it, and now it looks clean. A last minute request which he happily installed at no extra cost. Then he also figured I needed a boost control, and a tune up, also at no extra charge. Several hours of work.

Exhaust work, gauge install, customer service, all great. But what will keep me coming back is the attention to detail, quality of work and Johns willingness to answer all my questions and fill my head with as much knowledge about my truck as I can handle.

Westcoast Frame and Alignment. Chris does awesome frame welding and frame replacement. He's done a number of cruisers over the years. 1801 Powell st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom