Rear Seatbelt Shoulder Strap Trim Came Loose. How to Fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Left, rear shoulder strap trim covering the retractor intake came loose and is rattling around. Very annoying. Anyone know how to put this back in its proper place?

SeatbeltTrim_Loose_600.jpg

happened to me as well. You have to get your fingers in there and slide/push it back into slots. I think I used combo of fingers and trim remover tool. Tight space but dooable.

happened to me as well. You have to get your fingers in there and slide/push it back into slots. I think I used combo of fingers and trim remover tool. Tight space but dooable.
Thank you!! I was able to use just my fingers. Had to push it up so the bottom was above the rail guides, press it forward from the back towards the inside of the car to get rails aligned above the guides, then pull it down. It was tight and took several tries, but I have small fingers so that was all I needed.

Thank you!! I was able to use just my fingers. Had to push it up so the bottom was above the rail guides, press it forward from the back towards the inside of the car to get rails aligned above the guides, then pull it down. It was tight and took several tries, but I have small fingers so that was all I needed.
Glad you figured it out!

For that little problem and other issues you can always check the FSM: GX 460 Manuals, Post #2.
Albeit, often times it's easier if you can find a YouTube 'how to' video, but if you're really stuck or looking for a part number, check the FSM. ;)

Had this in two locations in my GX as well.
I removed both trim panels because I was already removing the seat belts to power wash them.

The cover popped out of the tracks and it was easier to reset with the panel removed from the vehicle.
Sounds like you managed to get it done without taking it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom