1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear diff pinion bearings

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by AZcruiser, Aug 6, 2003.

1. AZcruiser

AZcruiser

Need to order diff bearings and seals. Anyone know the p/n for the front, rear and side diff/pinion bearings? I am assumings its a good idea to replace the oil slinger, oil seal and washer while I have this apart? Anything to look at for wear damage while this is apart, inspect pinion shaft and gear assembly? I have the 2 pinion type.

Thanks,
    Chris
    94LC

2. landtoy80

landtoy80

I used the MAF kit but only for the Koyo bearings for the diff and Timken bearings for the wheel bearings. I think this is the way to go for bearings???
    Use Toyota for the seals. When I took my front diff apart at 208k mi it didn't need to be rebuilt but I did it anyway. I got a new flange as the old one had a ring around it. I have a new one for the rear too.
    The washer is on the pinion nut, if that is what you are asking?
    I reused the slinger. I had no wear on the gears.
    I had help with the rebuild, I would not do it my self. I am going to do the rear diff as soon as my helper( he did most of the work)has time. Had I had the $ is would of got 4.56 gear :D
    kurt