Rausch Creek race June 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good luck Rob and Dwight too. Cant wait to hear how the race is.

Godspeed Team 4573!

Live coverage here2012 Ultra4 Rausch Creek Live Chat and Timing | Ultra4Racing.com

phpKfQJv8image.jpg

phpleA4pnimage.jpg

Comment From Mark Matthews Mark Matthews on Ultra 4 Live
"Way to go Rob Matzell, 4573, Modified, just finished the 1st lap. Rob is a great guy in his first Ultra4 race. He has traveled from VA to KOH the last 3 years to volunteer as Film Crew Transport!"

4400 Leaders are on their final of 4 laps, shortened from 6 due to rain.

4500 Cars run 3 laps, so 1/3 done...Go 4573! :steer:

Looks like 4573 is still in it. Trying to confirm they started 3rd and final lap.

9 cars are listed BEHIND 4573! Some are broke, but still! Lets go guys!

Holy crap. That knuckle took a beating.

Amazing effort, also sorry it ended that way. You'll get 'em next time. (great job on the play by play, Tim)

Thanks for the reports Tim! I know each lap lasted about 2 hours but it felt fast.. It was a sad way to end the race but we raced my race the whole time, I tried to not overdrive the truk and just let it work. I stayed conservatrive most of the race and only opened it up to 38.2 mph in the faster sections. I did not want to overdrive the car.

I want to thank my wife, Mary Marshall for her support in this even after the big wreck last fall. Dwight, Bubba, Tim Bloo and his daughter Kate for making the trip up and helping in the pits. I also want to thank the rest who could not make it.

Without the help from Bilstein and Joel who sent me some great shocks that were tunned right out the box I could not have had nearly the control that I had. Now for some new rear shocks to match! BFG for making a tough tire that took all the abuse I threw at it an laughed, not a single flat all day. Raceline wheels for holding up to the abuse as well. If anyone is considering a hydro assist set up, my PSC system worked flawlessly all day, untill the knuckle broke and took that out too. PRP makes some great seats as well and harnesses. I was very comfortable all day even with the abuse the truck was taking.

Yes I will be calling Reid later today about some new knuckles!!!

I will download some pics tonight and post up. All I can say was it was a blast! the funniest 34+ miles of wheeling I have ever done. The 4runner held up great untill the break. Engine ran cool with the new fan, trans was actually cold all day and everything else worked too.

Rob

Last edited:
Rob great race this was the most fun i have had wheeling in along time lets get it back together for the next race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom