Rancho 9000xl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Would appreciate some input on these adjustable shocks. Planning to replace the stock shocks on the rear of an hzj76. Need to achieve a softer ride for street use, unloaded, in badly paved concrete roads. Stocks ones are just too harsh.

The whole suspension on them is considered junk,new shocks wont improve it much.

The vehicle will be driven in the next months in mostly badly paved concrete roads with just 3 passengers total and minimal load. Looking for a quick solution with least expense to lessen the harsh ride. When we installed a lighter duty shock of the same length (kyb, I think), the ride became softer but too soft that it bounced on speed bumps and had less control. Just wondering if anyone has experience in replacing just the rear shocks to lessen the harshness and still provide decent control on those speed bumps...which are pretty common in our area.

Cheapest and best? Add a load. If you havent tried it with 3 people and their luggage,you may find that makes it bearable.
Carry some extra junk around if you have to,I always keep my rear tank full to tame the ass end a bit
Also ,let the rear tyres down to 30-35psi.

If you want to try shocks,get something with variable settings and play around with the preload.

Long term,only a good suspension kit will fix it.
If you buy some quality shocks,you can always use them with the kit.

They will be stuffed within 12 months!

I will never buy Rancho again! I've owned now both the 5000 and 9000s both sets lasted roughly 12 mths!

I will be looking at Fox shocks soon!

The adjustable settings were definately noticeable but I wouldn't reccomend you buy Rancho shocks

Each to there own!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Appreciate the tips. If budget permits, maybe we can install a good suspension kit in the future. What are the parts needed? I only see dealers of OME and Ironman here.

They will be stuffed within 12 months!

I will never buy Rancho again! I've owned now both the 5000 and 9000s both sets lasted roughly 12 mths!

I will be looking at Fox shocks soon!

The adjustable settings were definately noticeable but I wouldn't reccomend you buy Rancho shocks

Each to there own!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

X2 rancho 3 vehicles they did not last now using rebuildables only

AI only see dealers of OME and Ironman here.

You should get new springs,bushes and shocks all round as a minimum,most kits will give you a 2inch lift over stock.
OME and Ironman will both be ok,but I would get Dobinsons if possible. Im sure they would have a distributor in Asia somewhere.

Appreciate the tips. If budget permits, maybe we can install a good suspension kit in the future. What are the parts needed? I only see dealers of OME and Ironman here.

are you a regular at 4x4ph.com? both OME and ironman distributors are members there. Dobinsons, try to search at sulit.com. i think i have their number. PM me if you want. only cons on Dobinsons is delivery time.
i chose ironman complete(coils. shocks & steering damper) suspension on my LJ71. hth

Pardon the ignorance, but I thought that these aftermarket suspensions are designed to carry heavier loads than stock ones can hold. I installed a set of old man emu coils and shocks on my old mitsubishi pajero back in the 90's and it made the ride more harsh. Any advise on what particular type I should get if the vehicle will be used mostly on city streets and highways. I dont mind the lift as long as the ride becomes more comfortable.

Pardon the ignorance, but I thought that these aftermarket suspensions are designed to carry heavier loads than stock ones can hold. I installed a set of old man emu coils and shocks on my old mitsubishi pajero back in the 90's and it made the ride more harsh. Any advise on what particular type I should get if the vehicle will be used mostly on city streets and highways. I dont mind the lift as long as the ride becomes more comfortable.

Most of the reputable companies offer 2-3 levels of suspension,eg standard,medium and heavy duty.
I have a 2 stage set up on my rear leaf springs. Under a light load it rides on 6 leaves,but once the load goes over about 500kgs the thick leaf at the bottom begins to support the load.

Having some good dealer support is what you need here.
Another thing to remember is that they sometimes take some time to soften up.

Thanks roscoFJ73. Will probably need just the standard load. Im waiting for the quotation of the local dobinsons distributor.

niwde11,
Will check 4x4ph.com for local parts. Hows your ironman set-up? Im still getting as much info as I can from those who have installed various set-ups. Im from katipunan q.c just across RATS 4x4 , the arb and old man emu dealer but Im not sure if they have the set-up Im after...

Thanks roscoFJ73. Will probably need just the standard load. Im waiting for the quotation of the local dobinsons distributor.

niwde11,
Will check 4x4ph.com for local parts. Hows your ironman set-up? Im still getting as much info as I can from those who have installed various set-ups. Im from katipunan q.c just across RATS 4x4 , the arb and old man emu dealer but Im not sure if they have the set-up Im after...

i cant compare with an OEM suspension since my previous coil is sagging while my electronic shocks are busted when i got the LJ71. even the engine is missing ;).
regarding the ironman suspension, some people find it stiff while i find it still somewhat soft. performance is quite subjective.
yeah Rats is the arb/ome dealer. check for stocks since your unit is still quite new and for sure few people order it for now. consider also your unit is quite rare here.
reason i chose ironman is the instant availability of the parts(they have plenty of stock) ang the price is cheaper plus the dealer is well known in 4x4ph community. you can also ask him(handle is Pablo Azcobar) on the 4x4ph board. he is an offroad afficionado. hth.
PM me if you need more details so we can communicate via mobile phone.

i cant compare with an OEM suspension since my previous coil is sagging while my electronic shocks are busted when i got the LJ71. even the engine is missing ;).
regarding the ironman suspension, some people find it stiff while i find it still somewhat soft. performance is quite subjective.
yeah Rats is the arb/ome dealer. check for stocks since your unit is still quite new and for sure few people order it for now. consider also your unit is quite rare here.
reason i chose ironman is the instant availability of the parts(they have plenty of stock) ang the price is cheaper plus the dealer is well known in 4x4ph community. you can also ask him(handle is Pablo Azcobar) on the 4x4ph board. he is an offroad afficionado. hth.
PM me if you need more details so we can communicate via mobile phone.

Just an update - I was able to order the Ironman soft ride shocks GRC series from Pablo yesterday and package arrived today and had installed it immediately. Very happy with its on road performance.

C900EBAE-2965-4F6D-A664-E74A7AFF54D2-3179-000001874DC9C5D7_zps7b993a89.jpg

D9108AC5-C236-4F31-ACD2-8C8A82C467AF-3179-00000187B742976E_zpsb8eaea71.jpg

Just an update - I was able to order the Ironman soft ride shocks GRC series from Pablo yesterday and package arrived today and had installed it immediately. Very happy with its on road performance.

report backafter 6 months I will be intersted to see how they last.

I am currently putting HOTBITS rebuildable shocks in the front of the highway queen HILUX VIGO after the rebuildable AMADAs broke the bottom EYE off twice in 12 months as the bottom rubber bush keeps wearing out.

report backafter 6 months I will be intersted to see how they last.

I am currently putting HOTBITS rebuildable shocks in the front of the highway queen HILUX VIGO after the rebuildable AMADAs broke the bottom EYE off twice in 12 months as the bottom rubber bush keeps wearing out.

Sounds as if the length of the Amada shocks was wrong. Either too long (collapsed) or too short (extended)

C900EBAE-2965-4F6D-A664-E74A7AFF54D2-3179-000001874DC9C5D7_zps7b993a89.jpg

D9108AC5-C236-4F31-ACD2-8C8A82C467AF-3179-00000187B742976E_zpsb8eaea71.jpg
how was your Ironman shocks? Mine got busted(front left).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom