Radio wiring 1982 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to wire an aftermarket radio, these wires were right behind the receiver slot. The left two wires are showing 11-14 volts on a multimeter regardless of key in on position. I want to wire the receiver to constant and switched power. Will if have to fuse tap for switched power? Or what are the other wires? Antenna? Illumination? Ground? Any help with the matching up the colors would be great help.

IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_5503.jpeg

I can't help identify those but I ran into this when putting a radio in my truck and just ended up running new wires all around. The ones that were back there looked crusty and not worth using in my truck at least after one of the POs hacked them up.

I ran a power wire to my fuse block for constant and then tapped into the cigarette outlet for switched power then ran new speaker wires to the doors.

I’m trying to clean off my workbench and my radio wiring notes are front and center. not sure if this will help as I have an 88 FJ62 - and wiring is probably maybe a little different but process of elimination??
In mine owner 2 had removed OEM stereo and hardwired at time new harness .
Me ; Owner three had to cut out previous harness and start from scratch to do full update of speakers amp subs
I found that the wiring actually changes color throughout the vehicle - like the factory wiring for the stereo /speakers/ battery etc in the dash only remains those color for a few inches and then it changes again, depending upon where it’s going in the vehicle … and it was very confusing
Makes matching up to an updated harness a bit of a challenge where the colors are “universal”

So going over my chicken scratch, which time made so much sense now who knows lol

blue wire with the yellow stripe goes to your yellow wire (constant) on a modern harness.

Black with yellow dashes goes to the green and black harness for rear left ( which change color in the fj62 maybe 60? To a black wire and a yellow wire then to speaker in my case blue and gray)

Gray with yellow goes to red 12 V switched ignition

Brown with blueish greenish dash goes to black ground

All Blue is connected to remote wire which goes to amp. Amp has wire from unit to battery with inline maxi fuse.

The Chassis & Body factory service manual has a full wiring diagram in the back with the color codes of each wire labeled. I’d start there and test with a DMM to confirm.

I’m trying to clean off my workbench and my radio wiring notes are front and center. not sure if this will help as I have an 88 FJ62 - and wiring is probably maybe a little different but process of elimination??
In mine owner 2 had removed OEM stereo and hardwired at time new harness .
Me ; Owner three had to cut out previous harness and start from scratch to do full update of speakers amp subs
I found that the wiring actually changes color throughout the vehicle - like the factory wiring for the stereo /speakers/ battery etc in the dash only remains those color for a few inches and then it changes again, depending upon where it’s going in the vehicle … and it was very confusing
Makes matching up to an updated harness a bit of a challenge where the colors are “universal”

So going over my chicken scratch, which time made so much sense now who knows lol

blue wire with the yellow stripe goes to your yellow wire (constant) on a modern harness.

Black with yellow dashes goes to the green and black harness for rear left ( which change color in the fj62 maybe 60? To a black wire and a yellow wire then to speaker in my case blue and gray)

Gray with yellow goes to red 12 V switched ignition

Brown with blueish greenish dash goes to black ground

All Blue is connected to remote wire which goes to amp. Amp has wire from unit to battery with inline maxi fuse.g

Gotcha. I’ll see what matches up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom