Anyone made a v8 swap coolant, literal flow chart? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to make sure I have all the lines hooked up in the right spots between the two heater cores, shut off valves and water pump. Couldn't find a thread that covers it but this thing is notorious for head gasket problems and im trying to eliminate things.

Need to specify exactly what your talking about. Maybe even post some pictures for us slow ones.

Yeah, like, what engine do you have? What vehicle do you have?
Either way, heater lines aren’t causing you to blow head gaskets.

Need to specify exactly what your talking about. Maybe even post some pictures for us slow ones.
Sorry I'm amongst the slow myself. I want to make sure I have the heater hoses hooked up properly after v8 swap. Between the front and rear heater cores. Just looking for a direction of coolant flow for the heating system I guess?

20231107_175031.jpg

20231107_175017.jpg

Sorry I'm amongst the slow myself. I want to make sure I have the heater hoses hooked up properly after v8 swap. Between the front and rear heater cores. Just looking for a direction of coolant flow for the heating system I guess?

View attachment 3475676

View attachment 3475677
Hard to tell by the pictures looks correct output from water pump to heater control valve then from output of heaters on the left of engine back to intake. And no this isn't your problem what so ever and small block chevy engines don't just over heat. Pics of radiator,fan and fan shroud if you don't have a shroud get a universal kit from summit and make one.

I’ve run two different SBCs for a dozen years with no shroud on the oem Toyota radiator and no overheating issues other than one time caused by a weak radiator cap. Key is a clean radiator, using a high flow water pump and a fan clutch from a heavy duty GM pickup, which locks the fan in earlier. Gauge has never topped the 2/3-3/4 mark whether crawling or doing 80+ mph on the interstate using the Ranger overdrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom