Project Uranus (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep on keepin on.

Are you actually able to move than engine hoist around on the grass?

I have a big old gravel / dirt driveway and often wonder if i could off road with an engine stand if necessary...

very cool project...

so you finally asked your neighbor for the hoist? ha ha

lookin good man...makin more progress than i am

malphrus

canyon62 said:
Are you actually able to move than engine hoist around on the grass?

I have a big old gravel / dirt driveway and often wonder if i could off road with an engine stand if necessary...

very cool project...

nope, I had to "drive" the 80 series frame over it. I staked rocks and pushed it over.:D

Thanks for the good words guys...

I swapped out the engine mounts today and dropped the engine in. It turns out the fj62 t-case does not fit inside the frame ( oh joy) I dint even notice til the engine was almost all the way on the mounts. So I have to pull it back out tomorrow and pull the vaccum assm. off the t-case.

I have heard that some one did pull the vac assm. off and put on a manual from a 60 series... I havnt researched it yet so I don't know how it works or what the deal is on the swap.

I hope to have it at least sitting in the frame tomorrow night and start getting v-wag ready for a wheeling trip this weekend.

looking SICK! can't wait to see it get closer.

72cruiser said:
so you finally asked your neighbor for the hoist? ha ha

lookin good man...makin more progress than i am

malphrus

Yes he did and it was hell "Offroading" the thing back over to the neighbors today.
I think alex's nuts didn't feel ne better after.:crybaby:

Ok, Ran into yet another problem with the t-case. I turns out who ever told me by putting the in lever on the floor to 4 wheel lo engades the front drive shaft was wrong. I still have the shifter on it even though it is out of the truck. I shifted it from from 2hi to 4lo and spun the rear out put and the front did not spin with it. So, I am at stand still with that...kinda scratchin the noodle that is.

I Spent the day simple greening the frame and engine. Very very fun.:rolleyes:

After I get the rest of it cleaned up, I am going to cut the body mounts off and paint the frame....and roll it under...

But the good news is I got some wheeling in last weekend..Which was a good change from working many late nights in a row on this project.
BA 5.jpg

Tapage said:
ouuchhh ... ! no rear drive shaft damage . ?

Nope, a bent drag link though. Even though I have high steer I still figured out a way to get a rock way up there to hit the tie-rod hard enough to bend it.:D

DCH...Yulp she's pretty cool, Only dinged her 80 once out on the trail:princess:

lowtideride said:
Nope, a bent drag link though. Even though I have high steer I still figured out a way to get a rock way up there to hit the tie-rod hard enough to bend it.:D

Damn ! dude .. did you have pics about it .. did you think in a more tough replacement . ?

Tapage said:
Damn ! dude .. did you have pics about it .. did you think in a more tough replacement . ?

Yulp I will post up some later....I think I am just going to take it off a sleeve it with another section of tubing...so it should be somewhere around 3/8 wall for my tie-rod...

lowtideride said:
Yulp I will post up some later....I think I am just going to take it off a sleeve it with another section of tubing...so it should be somewhere around 3/8 wall for my tie-rod...

Maybe a future upgrade for me ..

any updates????

Yulp...Will upload some photos later tonight...

Got all the body mounts cut off and grinded smooth. I also painted the whole frame and it is ready roll under the truck. I just have to scrub the underbody of the 62 and paint it before the frame goes under which should take about 2 days worth of work.

Spent hours and hours cleaning up everything and it is starting to come together. I got the valve cover painted and the engine cleaned up. I have yet to order engine gaskets from C-Dan because money is a little tight right now... but it will get done.

I will grab some pics of the fresh frame tomorrow in the day light. For now all got for you guys is a picture of the painted valve cover. I should have grabed one while I was out there shaping a surfboard for my girl. But I was too busy covering myself in fiberglass:rolleyes:

I also have another huge chunk on the way thanks to PVcruisers. I did want the h55 and still do but I just cant afford it at this time in my life. So, instead I opted for the ozzy h41 which has a 5:1 first gear to get the 37s moving and with the 4.11s in the diff it puts my crawl ratio at just under 50:1. My highway speeds dropped off a little though at somthing like 70 and 2500rpms..

Had some 60 parts filtering in but got ripped off by the seller in for sale section:mad: ....oh well, so is life.

-Al:beer:
s***4$100 012.jpg
s***4$100 013.jpg

really cool valve cover, I really dig it.
cool you shape surfboards!!! If you can post a pic of the board when it's done
:cheers: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom