Probably a dumb brake master question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

projectTuRD

SILVER Star
Threads
I promise I searched...
Instead of being smart and using the non abs 80 master, I bought a late model dual res.
My question is how to hook up both ports of senders-can I buy another one for my 69 and re use my existing one and just splice (pigtail) another set of leads to hook them both up?
What have you done?
Thanks!

3CC915EE-5342-4C73-8152-F005ADE27283.jpeg

Looks nothing like my 72's duel master, my outlet ports are on the side towards the wheel. Neither of my sensors have been hooked up in the 40+ years I have it.

I think your answer is looking at the wiring diagram for your year. I suspect they wired in parallel.

Yeah, i'm not sure. My 69 has no wiring for sensors either so i just ignore them.

Looks nothing like my 72's duel master, my outlet ports are on the side towards the wheel. Neither of my sensors have been hooked up in the 40+ years I have it.

I think your answer is looking at the wiring diagram for your year. I suspect they wired in parallel.
My year has one sender due to only one reservoir. Mainly wondering what those who have swapped to a dual reservoir master from single have done.

I've never seen a single res master with a sensor either. Do you have a pic?
9c4db881152f7d71ebbd7daeda2e1cf9_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
That MC is designed to be used with a booster, will it work manual ? It may be fine I was just wondering if there were differences between manual brake & boosted Master Cyl's, or do they just add a booster to the same one ?

That MC is designed to be used with a booster, will it work manual ? It may be fine I was just wondering if there were differences between manual brake & boosted Master Cyl's, or do they just add a booster to the same one ?
We shall see, if I ever get it running.

We shall see, if I ever get it running.
You're correct. That later version is boosted and for disk front, drum rear. You can run it without the booster but you may need to remove the residual valve if drums if I recall. I used the earlier version for no boost and drums front/back on my 69. Works nice.

i-8kkMm8L-L.jpg

I've been think I ng about adding the later model brake light now that I have sensors. Post up your light and wiring.

You're correct. That later version is boosted and for disk front, drum rear. You can run it without the booster but you may need to remove the residual valve if drums if I recall. I used the earlier version for no boost and drums front/back on my 69. Works nice.

i-8kkMm8L-L.jpg

I've been think I ng about adding the later model brake light now that I have sensors. Post up your light and wiring.
If there’s a wrong part to buy, I’ll do it. I could have sworn I had a sending unit before, but now I don’t think so. I can’t see one in pics anyway.

So I don’t have wiring for one, the wires I was thinking of must be for something else.

Anyway, I’ve tried plugging the sending unit holes with 10x 1.0, 1.25, and 1.5 with no luck. Anyone know what size/thread pitch bolts I need?
Thanks!

The master cylinder doesn't care if it is boosted or not. I have used lots of master cylinders that were used in conjunction with boosters in factory setups as straight manual master cylinders and there are no issues whatsoever. Other than having to change the pedal ratio to achieve pressure strong enough to actuate the brakes. Or making the mount for the master strong enough to withstand the extra force on the pedal.

Am I the only one who has ever struggled trying to plug the sending unit holes?
I cannot find a bolt locally to save my life.
It would be amazing if just once I could buy the right part the first time (why did I not go 80 series master which apparently doesn’t have this issue).

Cant you just use the sending units to plug the holes? Thats what i did. Or did yours not come with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom